Teacher

Type your comment> @jpredo said:

Having trouble with privesc from w**, can someone PM to give me a nudge in the right direction?

Same here, PM to give me a nudge also

rooted, got user.txt, root.txt and root shell. Thanks to the HTB|OSCP Noob Community @D2D
PM me if you need a hint

Feel like I’m 99% of the way to root but can’t quite figure out the last part. I’m trying out the wild-side but there is a rather annoying / getting in the way, can anyone give me a tip on how to circumvent it?

Hey guys, been looking over this box for the past few hours, looking over the website, I can see access to two pages, but neither of them look useful. How do you figure out the webpages CMS to perhaps get a chance at accessing the user shell? Would appreciate the help cheers!

Type your comment> @shredz said:

Hey guys, been looking over this box for the past few hours, looking over the website, I can see access to two pages, but neither of them look useful. How do you figure out the webpages CMS to perhaps get a chance at accessing the user shell? Would appreciate the help cheers!

Those webpages are more useful than you might think at first glance, take a look at them closer. Feel free to PM me if you get stuck.

Well, I took about 5 minutes to figure the beginning of this out now I just got to figure a little piece of info out here looking at you G ! :wink:

That had to be one of the coolest things I have ran into it really brings you to the basics of enumeration but combining that with common sense and a bit of intuition you get a nice hidden gem Thanks creator great job onto user :wink:

i been at root for a couple days, i know what i need to do, and while it works when i run the commands, no dice on the other end. any help?

Yeahhh, I finally got root.txt and root shell after some days sweating, thanks all 4 the help

I need some hint for getting root, I know the things that happen on the user home but I dont know how I can exploit them

I’m trying to get user for 2 days now… need to get back to work but can’t before I haven’t finished this ■■■■ box :tired_face:

Can somebody PM me some hints for getting user.txt?

I’ve got low priv shell and access to the service which is connected to the m*****e site

Edit: nevermind. got user AND root in under 5mins after posting this… it was in plain sight all along

Type your comment

Type your comment> @mrinsideout said:

I need some hint for getting root, I know the things that happen on the user home but I dont know how I can exploit them

Got root. Thanks to @steed, @cyberus17 and @jattion

Can anyone give me a nudge on getting a shell when ROOT?

I’ve got root.txt - just trying to see how I can get the RCE part.

Got root, it’s a nice box starts to feel a lot more logical after the initial foothold has been gained. Feel free to PM me for hints.

if u need any help let me know via pms, will give hints

Would anyone mind discussing root shell with me? -c* and -c*-a* do not seem to be executing simple commands.

PM me for help to get root shell

The moral of the story for getting user is prepare to spend time enumerating file contents after normal enumeration to find the next steps forward from unprivileged all the way to user.txt. Time to go for root and hopefully level up!

root@teacher:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

PM for help, happy to do so!

stuck at root… pm with little hint is very appreciated :slight_smile:
Edit: got root.txt with a little help, but still don’t understand some things. PM me is willing to discuss (also interessted in how to get shell, had a nearly working approach, but 1 bit was missing )
Edit1: Managed to get root shell… still 1 thing remains a mistery to me.