Conceal

Stuck at setting up the initial connection to get user. Using the ‘strong’ client but i’m missing something. I’ve studied the man pages and the support pages of the client with no luck. If someone please could PM me, would really appreciate some help.

Same here @nsbyte

im being constantly timed out on /upl**d… is it rabbit hole or is this box just buggy AF?

Type your comment> @wildstyle9 said:

Same here @nsbyte

Just got to phase 2. Remember to carefully look at the used / included configs.
Reading the (sys)logs will really help a lot.

The best tip I can give:
Make a config in your mind and check the logs if client is following up your config.

Edit: rooted. enumerate, enumerate, read and understand how possible priv esc could work.

Hi guys, I’m having a weird issue: last night I got to phase2 using strS* and was trying to get past the sub****** issues but when I tried to continue today, i’m stuck at ‘peer not responding’. Nothing about my config has changed. I tried resetting the box, restarting everything at my end but nothing seems to work. Weird thing is, when I try it with charon-cmd, the peer does respond. Does anyone have any clue about what might be going on?

EDIT: sorry guys, you can ignore this. My htb vpn IP had changed, i’m an idiot.

Also stuck with the received INVALID_ID_INFORMATION error notify– Got tired bruteforcing the left/right subnet param if anyone has a nudge I’d really appreciate it…

Type your comment> @jownz said:

Also stuck with the received INVALID_ID_INFORMATION error notify– Got tired bruteforcing the left/right subnet param if anyone has a neduge I’d really appreciate it…

https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/vpn/ipsec/ipsec-troubleshooting.html

@nsbyte

I do know why i get the error – I’m just tired of brute-forcing to get the exact values that the server enforces…

I’m working on getting the connection up and running, but it’s fairly foreign to me. At this point I can see my machine sending out initiation requests, but I’m not getting anything back. I’m going to keep plugging away once I have some time, but a hint wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

owned user , owned root with most of the help using the famous framework. fun box

Rooted! Nice box. Learned a lot about windows exploitation, also about a protocol I truly knew very little about. Thanks bashlogic!

@jownz I’m at the same exact point now. Could use a PM from someone with some assistance.

Is it possible to create the connection also with the network manager from Strong***** or just with the configs?

Had the tunnel up and running months ago but couldn’t get webshell , keep coming back to this machine but can’t seem to do anything with IIS. Would really appreciate if someone could give me a nudge in the right direction on what I’m doing wrong.

@An0maly said:
Had the tunnel up and running months ago but couldn’t get webshell , keep coming back to this machine but can’t seem to do anything with IIS. Would really appreciate if someone could give me a nudge in the right direction on what I’m doing wrong.

What if not to attack IIS at all and look at some other serivce?

For anyone else facing the same problem I had , turns out you have to try many different webshells till one works , could be limitation on the ASP version on the box itself.

Thanks to @r0t13weiler and @tabacci for helping me troubleshoot it and finally wrap this one up.

I got a VPN password with no username, help me guys!

Spoiler Removed

Type your comment> @21y4d said:

This is not the way to learn ip***. The way to properly learn it is to set it up on both sides, knowing in advance the settings!

Having to use brute force tools to guess the settings, and then having to figure out the proper way to write the command, only to have it not working for something else we still don’t know, is just stupid…

I would say I agree with you. Would you mind sending me PM with useful links/references teaching the process both-sides, start to finish (if you know of any)? Cheers

Finally rooted !!!What a boxxxx!! Pm me for help :slight_smile: