Chaos

Finally got user… I spent 3 days for it -_- It’s too much ctf style for me :stuck_out_tongue: But I’ve enjoyed this first part. Let’s try to root it :wink:

Edit… rooted… xD

Rooted! Thanks for all the help @tehmoon @env
Pm for help.

rooted, really fun box. PM for hints @P4YDAY

Type your comment> @Malone5923 said:

Can anyone PM on how there were able to connect to the imap server using thundermail or other gui client. I have got the credentials. This cmd is working out for me, having problems fetching message from the drafts folder.

EDIT: I was finally able to use cmd to get the files. Thanks to @m0ckhurts who was kind of enough to supply me this article Connect to IMAP server with telnet | Tech Bits. For those that still prefer GUI, you can use evolution the email address is @localhost. Now its time to take a look at this files and see what the fuzz is all about cracking some file using python. Good luck to me.

I’d just like to thank you for this post. I have been bashing my head on a wall trying to receive the mail from telnet, I chose the GUI route in the end, couldn’t get it working with thunderbird so used evolution. Now onto this decryption!!

Awesome box thanks to sahay GOT ROOT

Is decryption thing the correct way to solve this, or it’s a rabbithole? the plaintext takes me to 404 land.

nvm: Plaintext had some characters trimmed for whatever reason

Rooted! Thanks for the help @sentry.

I have just r00ted this box. I just want to thank some of the hints in here, I found the initial stages quite difficult as i’m new to CTF style boxes. I was majorly kicking myself reading about “the password being right in front of you”…!! haha!! Root was really quick and simple… As everyone has stated, don’t look any further than your house. Thankyou to the creator of the box, you certainly gave me some initial headaches

Rooted the box, if someone needs help, send a PM :slight_smile:

hi ,can some one PM please i can’t figure out with the python script ? thanks

a real Chaos but I enjoyed it especially because for once I didn’t get superstuck anywhere.

@algorithm: google can help you a lot with that problem.

Rooted, thanks for the machine. Sometimes weird but ok

Could use some assistance if someone has a second. I can’t figure out why this file is not decrypting properly. It just decrypts to gibberish every single time and I need someone to sanity check my script.

EDIT: Got it. Turns out, as I suspected, I’m just an idiot.

Although it’s a ctf-ish machine, i learned realy a lot new things, since i’m not that experienced.
If someone needs help, feel free to PM :slight_smile:

Rooted

100% ctf machine, thanks for the box

The inital enumeration was as silly as Teacher, but after that the box got better. There were some fun rabbit holes to go down.

Feel free to PM if you need a hand.

I’m stuck on root. I’ve read through the thread and I think I see what’s right under my nose, but not sure what to do next. I’ve read up (and bookmarked) plenty of blogs about priv-esc, but I’m honestly grasping at straws.

If someone could PM me a hint (or even a good resource) I’d appreciate it.

Anyone can help me with the decryption of the file? I am stuck here, my programming skills are horrible…

Rooted!! Nice box, despite being a ctf-like box it compensates showing us some nice tricks and some cool stuff.

This box should be done more than once, because it have multiple ways and different approaches to get our objectives.

Thanks to the creator

Ask me if you need some help or tips by PM

Whoaaaaah, nvm. Boy do I feel dumb =)