Teacher

Comments

• Anyone got a root shell on this box? If yes please pm me, would like to discuss. thanks!

lemarkus

• So I finally was able to get a shell with the "evil" method, but I'm horrible at privilege escalation.. any nudge would be extremely helpful..

• Finished this box, woo!

Some tips for others working on it:

Foothold: Enumerate and think about what kind of site a school might be using. Google can help you here. When you look at the main site code, files of interest may have comments. Take a closer look, and then figure out how to be an evil teacher.

User: All this content on the site got setup somehow...look for leftovers and follow the trail.

Root: Some interesting files and folders in the user's home...who owns them and how did they get there?

• edited April 2019

I looked for almost everywhere but cannot find anything for user. Anybody can help me

Edit:NVM I found user way to root

OSCP - Looking for pentest Jobs

• I'm having trouble with the priv esc to user on box. If anyone would pm me i would be very grateful!

• Rooted this box ytd. Do pm me if anyone needs help! I will my best to help. :)

jattion

• edited April 2019

can anyone enlighten me how to get that damn credentials? :)

• i cant access to web, what happens?

• Type your comment> @portos060474 said:
    > can anyone enlighten me how to get that damn credentials? :)

Enumerate every page properly... 😉
  • Finally got root! Ended up giving up on the --c* approach, as I worked out why it wasn't working. Got what I needed without a root shell in the end. If anyone did manage to get the --c* approach to work, and got a root shell, I'd be keen to hear how you did it.

May props to @ghost0437 for helping me out with some quality tips.

• Type your comment> @ghost0437 said:

Type your comment> @portos060474 said:
    > can anyone enlighten me how to get that damn credentials? :)

Enumerate every page properly... 😉

define "properly" :)

• Something doesn't go for me, I'm not sure if it is a rabbit hole or just me being stupid, probably the second. Can someone help me in PMs?

v1ew-s0urce.flv
  • edited April 2019

I have been trying the "--c*" method that has been mentioned but I cant seem to get the intended effect. If anyone would like to nudge me in the right direction with a PM that would be most appreciated.

EDIT: got root, PM for hints

• I have RCE as the "teacher" any tips on location of user file?

• "I have RCE as the "teacher" any tips on location of user file?"

I'm in the same boat. Got a limited shell, looking around the installtion but no luck yet.

• I have root.txt but have not figured out how to get a root shell. If anyone could pm me and help by giving me a push in the right direction that would be great.

• Having trouble with privesc from w**, can someone PM to give me a nudge in the right direction?

jpredo

• finally got it by reading the root.txt. Really fun box but the resets in this box are just pain.

v1ew-s0urce.flv
  • I am almost to the end of this machine and currently working on getting root. Can anyone PM with a hint on how to go about this? I see the script and I see what's happening and I have a feeling it has to do with s**l**** but I just can't get it implemented. Thanks.

• r00t ! nice box ;-) i've even get shell on r00t PM if you need help

• Been searching for user flag from yesterday but no luck yet. Got some sensitive files but the credentials seems not to work

• edited April 2019

Struggling a bit after getting access to the CMS. Can't seem to find the files I upload. A nudge would be appreciated.

Yay, I have a shell.

• Type your comment> @jpredo said:

Having trouble with privesc from w**, can someone PM to give me a nudge in the right direction?

Same here, PM to give me a nudge also

• edited April 2019

rooted, got user.txt, root.txt and root shell. Thanks to the HTB|OSCP Noob Community @D2D
    PM me if you need a hint

• Feel like I'm 99% of the way to root but can't quite figure out the last part. I'm trying out the wild-side but there is a rather annoying / getting in the way, can anyone give me a tip on how to circumvent it?

mogyub

• Hey guys, been looking over this box for the past few hours, looking over the website, I can see access to two pages, but neither of them look useful. How do you figure out the webpages CMS to perhaps get a chance at accessing the user shell? Would appreciate the help cheers!

• Type your comment> @shredz said:

Hey guys, been looking over this box for the past few hours, looking over the website, I can see access to two pages, but neither of them look useful. How do you figure out the webpages CMS to perhaps get a chance at accessing the user shell? Would appreciate the help cheers!

Those webpages are more useful than you might think at first glance, take a look at them closer. Feel free to PM me if you get stuck.

mogyub

• Well, I took about 5 minutes to figure the beginning of this out now I just got to figure a little piece of info out here looking at you G ! ;)

That had to be one of the coolest things I have ran into it really brings you to the basics of enumeration but combining that with common sense and a bit of intuition you get a nice hidden gem Thanks creator great job onto user ;)

• i been at root for a couple days, i know what i need to do, and while it works when i run the commands, no dice on the other end. any help?

• Yeahhh, I finally got root.txt and root shell after some days sweating, thanks all 4 the help

rulzgz

Sign In to comment.