Netmon

Finally got user on Netmon, turned out all I needed was some ā€œair supportā€. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty sure box is just getting reset and bruteforcedā€¦would appreciate some help if someone could PM me please.

I think I have creds and iā€™m on the right path. Donā€™t want the answer, but also dont want to get off path if the issue is inexperienced users resetting the box. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rooted! Thanks to @YellowBanana and @panda1 for help without spoiling. Feel free to DM for help.

Tip: Donā€™t go down the rabbit hole if things that appear obvious arenā€™t working at first - thereā€™s more than one way to achieve the same things. Get your information, take a step back and think about the origin of that information, and what it can be used for.

Type your comment> @Alexgot said:

Guys for Netmon just read carefully all txt files in the Public Folder

I have tried that and The only txt file I found was user.txt. Am I missing something really obvious.

OK I got root I donā€™t know if I solved it the right way but thanks to @YellowBanana for giving me a hint. If anybody needs a hint PM me.

Finally got root, finished my first box!

PM if you need hint from another noob :slight_smile:

Okay rooted. Actually quite a simple box to when you get there.

Quick Tips:
Donā€™t brute force this box - totally not required to do this at all
Do a little research on this software or spend time looking for interesting files

And for the last time DO NOT CHANGE THE WEB LOGIN PASSWORD WHEN YOU GET IT!!! - You donā€™t need to and it screws others doing the box /rantoff

@Alexgot if you found root.txt in Public, that means someone didnā€™t clean up after themselves. I encourage anyone who found root that easily to go through and find root the proper way. Youā€™ll learn more by doing the real challenge vs taking the easy way out for the points

Can anyone PM me with hint where the prtgadmin password can be found ?
I just manually inspected the whole ftp directory tree and there is only one file with the prtgadmin password, but only in hashed/encrypted form.

Type your comment> @gamewiz11 said:

@Alexgot if you found root.txt in Public, that means someone didnā€™t clean up after themselves. I encourage anyone who found root that easily to go through and find root the proper way. Youā€™ll learn more by doing the real challenge vs taking the easy way out for the points

+1 to this

Hmm, it seems that there is something wrong with the box I am using (as VIP).
I just grepped all files available via the anon access and there are no plaintext creds for web access.

Can someone help me with the web access I think I have the password but it does not work.

Type your comment> @boolean700 said:

Can someone help me with the web access I think I have the password but it does not work.

Look at when the file you found the password in was generated. Is it possible the password has changed since then? What may it be?

Well, with some hints from some peoples far more educated than I am, I learned one thing.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE IN GODZILLA WHICH IS NORMALLY USED FOR FTPing :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @PavelKCZ said:

Well, with some hints from some peoples far more educated than I am, I learned one thing.

DO NOT BELIEVE THE IN GODZILLA WHICH IS NORMALLY USED FOR FTPing :slight_smile:

IN THE GODZILLA of course :slight_smile:

BINGO, root owned. Thx for the hint about proper tool for viewing files on FTP. I lost couple of hours with the stupid Godzilla. Otherwise the root hack is something like small lunch-break job.

At the final stage, the SMB port and the old good winexe is your friend :slight_smile:

Of course, I forgot to thank to the guy/girl who did the main job of scripting. Someone called lorn3m4lvo@protonmail.com

Spoiler Removed

The amount of people resetting passwords, brute forcing and resetting the machine makes me want to develop early alcoholism.

this box shouldnt be half as difficult as it is.

Im stuck searching the credentials on FTP, Please can yo PM where I can find them