Netmon

i have done ROOT
i you want help PM me

Just a remainder that windows and linux handle hidden files in different ways.

Someone changed the creds… :angry:

So far I have gone through the directory and got a user.txt file with an encryption inside. Still haven’t being able to sign in. Can anyone help me? I’ve gone through this forum and see that its easy to get the user side, but with me being new. It’s not as easy. Thanks!

@tropicjavi , not sure how new you are, so don’t be insulted. The “user.txt” IS the user code you put into the Hack The Box webpage for netmon. This verifies you accessed that file. Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs

I got the RE executing at PG, but I somehow can’t get a RE SL to work via
P*******L …can someone PM me what to do or give me a hint?
Thanks in advance

Type your comment> @jumson said:

@tropicjavi , not sure how new you are, so don’t be insulted. The “user.txt” IS the user code you put into the Hack The Box webpage for netmon. This verifies you accessed that file. Login :: Hack The Box :: Penetration Testing Labs

I am very new to hack the box and didnt know this till another friend of mine told me to do exactly that thanks a bunch finally owned user :slight_smile:

Finally rooted! Thanks @xOkami for your help. Such a tough box.

Is anyone else having trouble with this box and being able to actually get on it? It keeps being reverted and it’s driving me nuts. I haven’t been able to even go to the IP of the box in a browser and i’m on VIP.

Jeez haven’t been on htb for a while and im starting to feel it managed to get user easy with no creds but i’m actually a little stuck thinking about where to go from here if anyone has got a nice nudge for me it’d be greatly appreciated

Any hint please ? I got the R*E working, but unable to get a connection back, only file download.

I have the same issue. The R*C working with the correct cookie. And it seems like it’s creating a user. But I cannot connect with the newly created user (FTP or SMB). Can someone give me a tip?

@SilentNL said:

I have the same issue. The R*C working with the correct cookie. And it seems like it’s creating a user. But I cannot connect with the newly created user (FTP or SMB). Can someone give me a tip?

How can you know if the user has been created?
If you read the source code, you will find the sign of that.

After that, if you are sure that the user has been created, just try again what you have tried before and it will work.

Fun machine, my first root. Thanks to @D8ll0 for the hint. F** is not the service you are looking for once you executed the R*E.
PM me if you need help.

Spoiler Removed

Rooted. Anyone need hints send me a pm.

Could someone PM me to help me? I’m new to this and this is the first machine I’m trying. I’ve never looked into this sort of stuff before and don’t really know how anything works. I’ve been googling stuff about getting root for the last 3 days and I’ve got nowhere.

Oh man, I am so stuck on this :frowning: Don’t even know where to begin! did an n**p on it, thought i’d found a user account, tried it on the webpage, didn’t work. Keep trying different logins on the webform but always denied. Some of the hints seem to suggest it’s REALLY easy, which is disheartening as this is my first machine!

Read through this forum very well. Don’t look at what, but why and how things work. The user flag is right under your nose if you start enumerating in the right place. Your enumeration will grant you access into the web app, and with research and trying harder, that leads you to root.

Hey, i’ve got user and website credentials. I think that i found the well known RCE, but when add the notification nothing happens. Any advice, or could someone pm me to see if I am on the right path? Thx.