Retro - Stegno

@jowinchemban said:
May be in rabbit hole…

Oops… Ok… I’ll try what you said then.

Spoiler Removed

Could someone PM me a hint? Having trouble with what settings to use in Turgen System.

Type your comment> @Scalpel said:

Could someone PM me a hint? Having trouble with what settings to use in Turgen System.

Same! I’ve tried dozens (maybe more) permutations

EDIT: Thanks @xMrR0b0t for helping me get this lunacy. My only tip is to try “fusing” the wav file together. Do that and you’ll be back in the 80s

Type your comment> @jowinchemban said:

@deda1mraz said:
Can somebody help me with software, Linux or Windows, I understand challenge idea but can’t fine SW to decode sound file. Tnx

binwalk , strings [Linux]
turgen_system-8.6.10 for processing the .wav file… [Windows]

Details Ping @ twitter https://www.twitter.com/jowinchemban

Hack The Box

Thanks for the hint. I was trying C64 tapes. You point me in the right direction.

Can someone please send me some help. I have Turgen but nothing I do seems to work. I get it to output pulses, but does not output anything binary for me to look at.

Could I get a hint on how to extract the files? I have tried a few tools, but could not crack it… Thanks :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @ZerkerEOD said:

Can someone please send me some help. I have Turgen but nothing I do seems to work. I get it to output pulses, but does not output anything binary for me to look at.

Same boat…

Type your comment> @GibParadox said:

Type your comment> @ZerkerEOD said:

Same boat…

I was able to get it, but you have to just keep playing with the settings until it just works haha. Couldn’t figure out a way to get the settings just by looking at it.

Got it!
Thanks!

Type your comment> @jowinchemban said:

Tool : turgen_system-8.6.10 for processing the .wav file…

Details Ping @ twitter https://www.twitter.com/jowinchemban

thx for hint got it

Can’t figure out how to get this ■■■■ program to work right.

In the meantime, this challenge is taking me back to the 90s…Volkswagen Commercial - Da Da Da (1997) - YouTube

I think I’m missing some key understanding of the technology. Should I be seeing Cne characters at all after decoding the .wav?

PM me if it is too much of a hint.

no need for a windows box with this one… wine will get where you need to go.

I need help i cant extract the zip files Retro.zip huhu… Can someone help me? the password is hackthebox right?

HInt:
Nevermind got it already hehe . I use ** to extract it~

Thanks for the hint with tur**. Without it I would spend days trying to figure out format and sw to decode it.

Wow, this one really challenged me. I couldn’t get the T****n utility to work right, but I had the “audacity” to try to decode it manually and lolz it worked! Learned a lot from this one.

Try an older version of the tool you found :slight_smile:

TURGEN - Browse /turgen/old/turgen_system_8.6.10 at SourceForge.net

use this tool for last boss ! :facepunch: