Deceitful Batman Challenge

I always seem to get stuck on the “easy” challenges. I cant seem to get started on this one!! I’ve tried converting it to different ciphers. Any help, greatly appreciated!

This is a common cipher, hard to give a hind without spoiling it. Two characters. If that doesn’t ring a bell PM me :slight_smile:

Just found this page which is a really good resource at identifying unknown ciphers:

http://practicalcryptography.com/cryptanalysis/text-characterisation/identifying-unknown-ciphers/

I’m so annoyed with this. I’m pretty sure I’ve successfully decrypted it… but the plain text I get doesn’t work. After googling how it relates to batman I have also found a few things, but nothing I enter seems to do the trick. Any insight?

Lowercase ?

dotan3 provided more than enough for this challenge.

Yup, the link dotan3 pasted helped me with solving this. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks @dotan3

Thanks @dotan3 , i don’t only solve but also learned alot. Answering with reading documents is good to learn

Yes! It’s quite difficult to help without giving the flag away. So the best way is to point to some good general resource and let the hacker grow :wink:

Glad you made it like this!

yap thanks dotan3

Hi,

I’m having a major problem with this challenge. Any further hints?

I will just leave it for now. Based on the link from @dotan3 I deciphered it but I can not submit the flag. Its literally telling me what the flag is but the site does not accept any variation. Maybe later I will understand why this was.

look at the input field.

“Flag format: HTB{s0m3_t3xt}”

I got confused there too, but yeah you should be able to figure it out now.

Thanks @haggy, I was not precise enough with that.

@bergabman said:
I will just leave it for now. Based on the link from @dotan3 I deciphered it but I can not submit the flag. Its literally telling me what the flag is but the site does not accept any variation. Maybe later I will understand why this was.

I have the same problem
thanks @dotan3 for the link

Ok made it

Seem to be having the same problem here, Won’t let me submit the flag and ive tried every way i can now -.-

Nevermind, I was going full retard, which no one should ever do!

Does somebody have the article or know of an equivalent @dotan3 gave? I tried to go there but the site seems down and it seems like a great thing to read…