Who is the oldest person here?

Type your comment> @butchbane said:

I’ve just barely started on HTB, and am working on my OSCP. I turn 62 in July.

You get the “Old Hacker Trophy” for now!

@ZloyObezyan said:
Thanks, of course, for “Old Hacker Trophy” but for me HTB is not a sport, not a championship. This is hobby, entertainment. And the community is really beautiful.

Sorry. You lost the trophy.

Type your comment> @legov said:

This is a little off topic but something I have wondered for a while. I am turning 48 this year and really just getting in to the pentest/white hat hacking game even though I have been working in IT for 33 years. I am sure there a a ton of people here under the age of 30 but what I am interested to know if who is the oldest person here, if you care you share.

34 ■■■■■ here I feel 16 again pecking at the keyboard like imma get it imma get it hahahaha was curious myself if I was the only oldphag around lol

Reminds me of the old AOHell days A/S/L? No females on the interwebs only creepy dudes. ■■■■.

Hats off to all of you for being part of an awesome community! INB4 PoolsClosed, etc.

I am 53 years old

37 here!! Are we going to start throwing out the old school A\S\L?

52, Doing software development for decades but recently started learning PenTesting side of things. Totally novice in this field and on HTB but looking to get my OSCP within one year, fingers crossed

Learning has no limit. You are young when your mind is young and eager to learn. I have joined Htb 3 months back and am working hard … for OSCP. I am 65+ … still to learn.

Never bother about your age. I’ve seen people on IRC that are > 50-55 and still answer people’s questions about C, and I bet they feel like 30 years ago. Ageing affects your body but not your mind.

I am trying to be born.

I wonder if there’s more of these +65 chill grampas who took hacking computers as a hobby after retirement, are you here Mr.Allister?

23 xD

40!!

I’m 30 and here for many of the reasons others are, currently work in IT but want to move into a penetration testing role.

Serious question, in some jobs age can be a factor in whether or not you get the job and progression. Is that the case with pen testing? If I land my first pen testing job at say 35 or for others 40+ etc. Do we have a chance against those just leaving uni with a masters in cyber security? Can any hiring managers chime in? I’d really appreciate hearing the reality of this.

I’m 24 :smiley: !
Btw age means nothing if you love what you doing!

Type your comment> @DaChef said:

I’m 24 :smiley: !
Btw age means nothing if you love what you doing!

doesn’t matter*

what you’re doing*

“While sloppy writing does not invariably mean sloppy thinking, we’ve generally found the correlation to be strong”

@Tilia Oh wow :stuck_out_tongue: Is dis my english teacher ?
Supp teach ?

Almost 50 and feel there is a lot to discover. Just doing this to kill some time and trying not to get too far away from todays technology

Supp teach ?

Backtalk. Detention!

Type your comment> @farbs said:

Supp teach ?

Backtalk. Detention!

:cry: Don’t call my mum…please…