[OSCP] Missed 2 screenshots :s

Last thursday-saturday I finally did my OSCP exam. Finished with 80/100 points (4/5 machines) and a pretty good report if I say so myself. Later on it came to my attention that I completely forgot to make screenshots of local.txt for 2 machines (other 2 didn’t have them), however I did submit them in the studentpanel. Will I fail the exam because of this ?

I hope you pass man. I don’t have a solid answer for you, but we took our test on the same day, and I’m in a similar boat, also not sure if I passed.

I read about this before with another student on the OS forums. Even though they are submitted in the student panel, they don’t accept them unless you have a screenshot.

Sorry buddy, hope I’m wrong

I think if its an essential screenshot, it may impact the marking. I forgot one screen shot, but then details were mentioned in a good manner in the report. So I believe the detailing in the report plays a good role to. Best of luck mate! :slight_smile:

Update: I passed. I think they subtract ~10 points from the total, which will result in 70 points. No idea if this is true, but to be honest, I couldn’t care less at the moment :slight_smile:

Thanks all !

congrats

Well done !!

Can only imagine the person I was referring to, didn’t have 10 points to play with.

@Gioo said:
Update: I passed. I think they subtract ~10 points from the total, which will result in 70 points. No idea if this is true, but to be honest, I couldn’t care less at the moment :slight_smile:

Thanks all !

Congrats buddy. Enjoy the moments.

Had a co-worker fail because of screenshots. So to all who haven’t taken the exam, take hundreds of screen shots. Not only does Offensive Security require it, but so will intelligent real customers.

It’s better to record the screen… it won’t take TB of disk storage. Once VPN lost you can’t go back to take screenshots… from recording you can take…

@sesha569 said:
It’s better to record the screen… it won’t take TB of disk storage. Once VPN lost you can’t go back to take screenshots… from recording you can take…

This.

With the right OBS settings you can record at good enough quality that screenshotting the video is barely noticeable vs screenshotting the real thing. I think my 24hr video file ended up being under 10GB total.

Type your comment> @J4C0814N said:

@sesha569 said:

This.

With the right OBS settings you can record at good enough quality that screenshotting the video is barely noticeable vs screenshotting the real thing. I think my 24hr video file ended up being under 10GB total.

That’s a really good idea. Mind sharing these settings somewhere? I want to share this idea with my colleagues since their exam will be within weeks.

My suggestion for others is to run a time lapse screen recording at 2 fps. This way you would guarantee that you have all screenshots, and wouldn’t take a lot of space or memory.

That s funny, the exact same thing happened to me (4/5 machines rooted, put the 2 local.txt in the web interface, did not put the 2 local.txt screenshot in the report), got stressed out for a few days because of this mistake, and finally passed.

I believe that from the moment they see you have the root.txt + screenshot, they know you necessary have access to the local.txt so they don’t remove points.

Congo mate