Irked

@Tangtiphongkul: That does indeed appear to be THE intended path. I guess they throw you a bone if you figure that one out first.

Type your comment> @RoTnRat said:

@Tangtiphongkul: That does indeed appear to be THE intended path. I guess they throw you a bone if you figure that one out first.

The intended path was to get user first, then root.

25 pages of posts to read here. Im going to bite the bullet and ask for help. Thinking there are some creds somewhere? I found a d*******v@***** email but that is it. Got a few open ports but cannot read a file and have NMAP/spidered/dirb/go/fuzzed this loads. Please PM me if you can help get initial foothold .

Type your comment> @Tangtiphongkul said:

Got root and thus could read user file as well … I wonder if the way is intended … used a binary v******r to get an escalated shell.

■■■! This is gold man! Thanks for the tip!

Can someone please PM? i can’t seem to figure out what to do with the extracted contents of the stego’d file. Doesn’t seem to work as a user pass.

@MrAgent you’re right. I misread @Tangtiphongkul’s comment. I meant THE intended path was v******r. After your post I realized what I typed implied otherwise.

Thank you for the correction.

Just got it root
Thanks a lot @dcdesmond for the hint …

Feeling completely Moron, It was not that easy for me (unexperienced) , but I’ve visited the correct track once a day ago and didn’t notice what should be clearly obvious.

Hints in this thread are more than enough to let you get in.

PM for help if needed …

Happy hacking everybody :wink:

yes got root, with a little help form a good pentester i saw the file but did not know exactly what to do. read what it says when executed.

Can any one help me with .ba… file, I am not getting where the stego is, That’s all plain txt, Can anyone guide me with that part

EDIT :- ROOTED, Very Very Thanks to @madhack

But i did not understand privesc, Can anyone please explain me

At last, got root. We need to keep it simple, don’t over think.
Everything in this thread make me realize how to move… :smiley:

thanks for @dcdesmond for the hints.

I have been working on this box on and off for days. I got the low priv, i even figured out the stg challenge, but cannot get root. I’ve used various scripts and commands to get a list of running svcs and binaries on the box and cannot find the one that "sticks out. Does anyone have a hint to push me in the right direction?

Type your comment> @c0mplex said:

I have been working on this box on and off for days. I got the low priv, i even figured out the stg challenge, but cannot get root. I’ve used various scripts and commands to get a list of running svcs and binaries on the box and cannot find the one that "sticks out. Does anyone have a hint to push me in the right direction?

Just find v…r file in SUID Binaries, Use some Enumeration scripts

I have a shell via U******RCd and i have no idea what to do next( hint me in pm, plz

rooted, finally. thanks to all offering hints!

Type your comment> @SpicyCrack3r said:

I have a shell via U******RCd and i have no idea what to do next( hint me in pm, plz

Poke around the User, You will find something Intreasting

I really wonder how long first blood took…I got root quickly enough I think I may have actually competed for it…hint: dont overlook the trivial methods for anything, especially privesc

The system is so unstable, the connection keeps breaking. I got the reverse shell and then the connection broke, anyone facing this ?

Type your comment> @vasiqmz said:

The system is so unstable, the connection keeps breaking. I got the reverse shell and then the connection broke, anyone facing this ?

same

Rooted! Thanks to @MrBlackHat

If you need a hint feel free to pm me :wink:

I’ve already rooted this box, but I’m helping a friend with it at the moment…

So my question is… Who is the fucking moron who deleted the home directory?

Nice job, asshole. Thanks for ruining this box for those still trying it. You’re not funny. You’re just a ■■■■■. “ooOo I roOtEd thiS BoX MiGhT aS WeLL RuiN iT”

No. Stop. Go do something better with your time – ignorant dipshit.