Fortune

Finally root, If I can help somebody, PM me…

Rooted, thanks to @loptr for the tips on root.
Doesn’t felt like a 50pts box but I learnt TONS of things. I would say : don’t be afraid to try this box if you don’t have rooted 20box before.
Thanks to the creator for this great box !

Rooted (but not without so much help)
Thanks to @pzylence and @jagomezg for getting me started. Big thanks to @mendedsiren63 for getting me to user. Massive thanks to @FuxSocy and @XeN0N for giving me the final hints needed for root! You guys are the best!

OK, now for my hints.

Initial foothold: Initial enuemeration will give you surprisingly easy access one way but not so much the other way. The easy way can provide you with what you need to get you through the hard way. Aim for the “middle.”

User: Back to square one! More goodies await! Ride your “horse” to see everyone, and don’t forget to “be who you need to be” to be permitted.

Root: Be like Neo and “return to the source” and “follow the path.”

All web links listed in this forum post are extremely helpful. Have those handy during your run.

As always, if I have said too much, please let me know and i’ll edit.

And as always, I am available for PMs. Remember to let me know what you’ve tried and I’ll provide you with hints.

Anybody willing to provide some assistance for initial foothold? Willing to provide you with all of the enumeration steps I have tried so far! Trying to get a move on towards user without having anybody share any spoilers :slight_smile:

Type your comment> @Farbs said:

Anybody willing to provide some assistance for initial foothold? Willing to provide you with all of the enumeration steps I have tried so far! Trying to get a move on towards user without having anybody share any spoilers :slight_smile:

I can help you @Farbs

Finally got root, thanks for those who helped me.
The way to get user is cool, I really liked that and waited for a box like this one. Root was hard for me mainly because I didn’t try ^everything^, once I tried something else that was in front of my eyes the whole time, it worked.
Hint for initial foothold:
#1 Fortunes are cool but sometimes we need to fully understand it and to do it we need to look behind the scenes.
#2 Enumerate the box, you don’t need to get a shell in order to do that.
Hints for user:
#1 What does the user name tell you? Maybe you can do something and then use one of the lower services to log in?
Hints for root:
#1 The hint is inside the home folder, read it, look for it, once you find something, import it to your machine and enumerate it more. Check out the source code to see how it works behind.
If u need help feel free to pm me

Alhomdullilah! got root if anyone needs help feel free to PM
forgot to mention all the help I got, Thanks all who helped me love this community respect given to all of em. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks all who helped me love this community respect given to all of em. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Could someone PM me for a root hint?
Edit: got root. PM me if you need a nudge

I have mounted the n** share on my local host after getting ssh access as nr, but having trouble pivoting to the other user named ch. I can’t find any additional private keys in the b** or nr directories, and ch home directory is locked down with 750 perms, so I can’t enumerate it or generate new keys. Please PM with hints.

Type your comment> @bar1sta said:

I have mounted the n** share on my local host after getting ssh access as nr, but having trouble pivoting to the other user named ch. I can’t find any additional private keys in the b** or nr directories, and ch home directory is locked down with 750 perms, so I can’t enumerate it or generate new keys. Please PM with hints.

EDIT: Got it. Thanks to @AzAxIaL and @Sekisback for the hint.

Finally rooted :slight_smile:
If anybody need help ping me personally.

Rooted. One of the best boxes I’ve done so far. Insane rating is to high I think.
Whoever needs hints: everything you need is already mentioned here.
Otherwise feel free to ask.

Type your comment

Finally rooted. I struggled mightily at the end with finding which part of the “key” to include in the decryption function, probably just due to inexperience.

Thanks to @xd3m0n and others for the help.

PM for hints.

Ahh man, I’ve been working on this for ages and can’t get the initial foothold. I have got everything off the box, but just can’t work out the next step. Been reading the hints in the forums over and over and can’t get anything. Would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks everyone

Never mind: literally as soon as I post this, I get what to do. Everytime hahaha

Posting this comment as a means to get root, because it seems once I post a comment asking for help, it comes to me.

But yeah, I have been stuck on root all day now, I have downloaded p***.d* to my machine and got hashes, also looked at the source for p***** but I don’t really know where to go from here. Looking for a nudge !

Thanks guys

I have mounted the n** share on my local host after getting ssh access as nr, but now I’m stuck, no access to other info and the ce is secured…

I have SSH access as n*****r but I cant enter any commands… How do I get a working terminal?

Type your comment> @icierva said:

I have mounted the n** share on my local host after getting ssh access as nr, but now I’m stuck, no access to other info and the ce is secured…

Forgot it, resolved now, didnt know this :slight_smile: