Curling

Type your comment> @Parrrs said:

Type your comment> @mortone said:

hi guys. could somebody help me with p*******_b***** file? the question is how this decrypting works…

level 12 of Bandit on Over The Wire, search for it, you’ll understand…

Thanks

Oh what fun box that was!

Rooted and I feel so happy, that nobody did PM me with hints and I did it on my own.

I’m happy to help someone who’s stuck.

I’m stuck on obtaining root.txt using curl could someone PM with some hints?

Edit: Just, picked up root.txt.

Don’t overthink it like I did.

Exploits come and go, methods for privesc may change, but being able to have awareness of your environment and surroundings of what is currently in front of you is a soft skill that everyone needs to have and work on, even for myself.

Also, thanks @Monty for pointing this out to me.

I keep getting
WARNING: Failed to daemonise. This is quite common and not fatal. Connection refused (111)
What is the solution to this? Does this warrant a reset?

Thanks for the machine! User flag took about 30-40 mins and two cups of coffee. Root flag took about 30 mins and then root shell about 15 mins after that. Learned something new when it comes to figuring out the subgoal of the next step in theory and then researching how to do that in practice and what commands you need to achieve it.

I got user and root, I think by the intended route.
Edit: and it took an embarrassingly long time, but got a root shell.

Got Root and User. If anyone needs any help PM me anytime.

Hi huys i cant get the reverse shell in the admin page, i was looking in the source page but i cant find nothing, somebody help me please im stuck … :frowning: , y tried to upload a php shell but its says : Unable to find install package

EDIT: Nervermind , i found the way, godness it was… weird haha… Now im stuck in root.txt

Somebody can help me? im stuck in root.txt im enumerate the user folder but nothing

edit:nvm

So i’ve got the privelidge escalation and the user flag however can’t seem get the root flag. I found hte i*** and the r*** files and think i know hte correlation but I can’t escalate it… Also cant find the process running it. I feel like a noob and i know its probably easy. Can anyone help me? DM please!

ROOTED !!

PM for hints

Hi,

I am trying to get the user. i did nm** and found 2 ports open. on h***, i found some hash words in s*****.t** but i am not sure what to do with this h*** word…
Am I on the right track?

Pardon me for the noob question. this is my second box. Thanks.

I managed to get a shell uploaded and ran nc to get my shell back, but after uploading it, nothing happens. Have I done something wrong? I know my code needs executed in order to return a shell, but I’m not sure how to get this back… Could anyone who has already rooted provide me with a nudge?

Edit: Stuck on the final stage now… Can’t seem to get this i**** file to do what I want… any hints on this?

I got the shell but of webuser. weird backup i cant make it readable! and looks like that’s the way forward.

Finally rooted this machine, it was a tricky one tho. Fun it is … PM for Hints…

ppl asking basic questions:

Use it! Use it wisely!

Finally rooted!
Can someone pm me on how to gain root shell?

Also, pm for hints

Yahoo, rooted! That’s my first machine.
I’ve got the user hash and the root hash, but I didn’t find out root password. That’s normal?