keys challenge

@jackshd said:
hint : this type of bitter is usually served as a digestif after a meal but may also be served with coffee and espresso or mixed into coffee and espresso drinks

This hint helped me tremendously. Could someone share with me how one realises that it it uses that particular encryption and that particular library?

@jackshd said:
hint : this type of bitter is usually served as a digestif after a meal but may also be served with coffee and espresso or mixed into coffee and espresso drinks

Google the hint and done :wink: I hope this will hope without much of a spoiler

Type your comment> @solomonbston3r said:

@jackshd said:

This hint helped me tremendously. Could someone share with me how one realises that it it uses that particular encryption and that particular library?

Did find it or not>>>

Type your comment> @BitTheByte said:

well … i end up getting it using @Padovah4ck help
for the people who still couldn’t figure it out
it’s AES type encryption however it’s a little uncommon type of it
it’s base64 %100 and the file contains the flag and secret word

How did you solve it!!

YEah solve it!! hahaha!!

@jackshd said:

Your hint was on the point!!

Type your comment> @jackshd said:

Thanks, after a quick google I easily figgured it out.

Perfect, thanks for the hint!

Who mixes fucking alcohol with coffee? like wtf

It is a perfect hint. For those who live in different part of the world it begins with f

I solved the challenge after this tip, but could please tell us or PM me how you were able to identify the cipher involved?

Just as @bananabr, I solved this flag after the hint from @jackshd. But how did you identify the correct cipher?

@Shadowed said:
Just as @bananabr, I solved this flag after the hint from @jackshd. But how did you identify the correct cipher?

We had two base64-like strings that actually not base64 encoded strings.
I had some experience with correct alg before so I supposed it immediately.

Alternatively, it is possible to use comparer to identify the correct cipher

Just google @jackshd comment and you will find your answer! its the perfect tip!

@jackshd said:

MVP!!!

This is really a strange challenge, I tried something, got stuck, then went into the forum and the solution is really simple once you know the algorithm used, but I really wonder how one can determine the type of the algorithm with some tool.

The hint is fantastic, but I do not like too much base version of the digestif, I prefer a version more “minty” :stuck_out_tongue:

@jackshd said:

solve with this hint
its the best hint ever :smiley:
thanks

Type your comment> @mboh said:

mmm, in which part of the world ? what is used as digestive and mixed to coffee in Italy is strongly different and dispersive compared to the rest of the world I bet :lol:

In Argentina mix with coca cola. Great hint. Thanks

Best hint I ever read :smile:

Type your comment> @bato said:

Type your comment> @mboh said:

mmm, in which part of the world ? what is used as digestive and mixed to coffee in Italy is strongly different and dispersive compared to the rest of the world I bet :lol:

In Argentina mix with coca cola. Great hint. Thanks

This hint was perfect to me :slight_smile: