Fortune

Type your comment> @skordokailas said:

I solved it. If anybody wants any hints, PM me. I won’t spoil the fun for you.

Btw, this box is not CTF like. I didn’t have to guess for stuff. The only painful thing was the certs because openssl cmd is a disaster.

find me a website where you can generate a key

Type your comment> @peek said:

Btw, this box is not CTF like. I didn’t have to guess for stuff. The only painful thing was the certs because openssl cmd is a disaster.

Send me all your private keys and I’ll generate certs for you X-) (jk)

Type your comment> @peek said:

Let me preface this by saying that I don’t want to start a flamewar. It seems that you got User on the box so I can respond without spoiling it for the others.

That functionality that you leveraged to solve the TLS issue is an RFC for a bit more than a decade and it has been in discussions for almost two decades. This feature has been a freaking pain in the ■■■ for users to handle but lately we “”“DevOps”“” so users don’t see it. It’s a feature widely used in Fortune and Tech companies and generally big corporations (maybe for the past 2-3 years?).

Even the way it’s tied with the next step, is stuff that happens (or some variation of this). All of the above tipped me off and this is why I’m saying it doesn’t look like a CTF.

This is a flow that exists and variations of it will come up more often inside corporate networks because it’s an easy and convenient way for developers, users, infrastructure engineers and god knows who else to do stuff without having extra overhead.

it doesnt matter in fact, you all have right, no worries. but it’s interesting to know that some method use browsers and keys. I was ignorant of that.

solution is not to brute force ssh and/or reset. as always.

got root :slight_smile: root is tricky and reading code and backtracing is required. I don’t have much coding experience so got some hiccups.
PM for hints. That’s awesome box anyway. Leant lot of new things.

Getting user was pretty awesome. I can’t say the same for root. IMHO, I thought it was a pretty lame find. It only made sense when I finally got it. I can only blame myself for not seeing the obvious.

Kudos to @AuxSarge

Need a hand decrypting hash. Whenever trying it shows garbage value and decoding it with utf-8 causes error

Error: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x8c 

Spoiler Removed

finally rooted… the root way (the decrypt part in particular) was the most difficult part for me

can anyone help me !
I got the R but not getting a S …Could see some c**

Edit :- Got user

Hints for user :-

Secure way is blocked .You need to open it .Use open door for help !!
Once you are through the security , check the doors again !!
Video game on racing !!!
local user to the rescue !!!

Wow rooted - but at what cost? How in the world should I know the p******* for the de********? I just try everything that got along the enum process.

Type your comment> @PR4NK573R said:

Wow rooted - but at what cost? How in the world should I know the p******* for the de********? I just try everything that got along the enum process.

That you know if you see the source code if I am not wrong. The logic looks weird of course. But in real world lot of weird things happen in dev or design.

onto ROOT: is the hash thing a rabbit hole?

rooted, really liked the box, as I do like its OS :wink:

took me way to long to get root, cause of a flawed assumption. always check those if you get stuck :wink:
though I did need much time for root, I don’t think root is the hard part of this box.

PM me for a nudge in the right direction

Type your comment> @sillydaddy said:

Hints for user :-

Secure way is blocked .You need to open it .Use open door for help !!
Once you are through the security , check the doors again !!
Video game on racing !!!
local user to the rescue !!!

I just got user and I still cant understand your hint. Some of the hints posted in the forums for machine are so vague that they should have stayed in the poster’s head cause its meant for him only.

Stuck @ root

Fucking amazing box and was painful ( for me)

My hints:

User: enumerate and be who you want like the other say (excellent hint).

Root: Think out of the box. Stop enumerate (may be) and get a search to make your script

Thank you

I’ll like to know the way you have solved this hash thing by writing a script which i have failed at. But thanks to @Maxxx who showed me a far easy way to achieve same thing :slight_smile:
Rooted :slight_smile: