Hackthebox ( Active Machine Spoilers )

First of all sorry for my bad english,not being native to an english speaking country.

I am very sorry to all the omniscient,guru,elite hackers and others on HTB if am going to offend anyone.I have recently seen that few peoples on HTB with an extraordinary rank are providing almost a direct walkthrough’s of active machines to skids.This is really a matter of great concern for us.

I request to those peoples please don’t do that.I am very glad to peoples with helping nature.But at the same time request you not to provide a direct walkthrough to someone.This just interferes with the learning ability and research.We all need hints(except a few) sometime.But not in that way.it makes me sad.i have seen few skids even submitted there user and root tokens as soon as they get those spoilers.

it will be far better for us to give and receive and something called HINTS,which will help us to research a bit.
Again sorry if i said something wrong or offended to anyone.I am not pointing to anyone in particular.I request you all to maintain the dignity of HTB.

I even request HTB support portal to implement few checks on private messages being sent,if that makes a sense and possible.
Happy Hacking

Thanks for your comment @jkr.surprised to know why you deleted your comment.
Anyway i am going to follow whatever you said.I reported this issue in particular because i don’t want to publish walkthrough’s of these active machines through PM in particular.

Again HINTS are welcomed and helps us to learn in the best way.And as you said i really don’t care about my rank but as these spoilers were violating the rules of HTB ,i had to report.Recently i have observed few direct walkthrough’s so i had to report.

Honestly I’m shocked at this. The hints we usually get are vague in here. So I wonder what must have conspired for someone to send a detailed walkthrough. Honestly I don’t believe your post and I don’t see any reason why you should like either.

I agree with @Malone5923 I never received walkthrough or direct root flags.
The one and only detailed one I got for is Conceal. That too config set up is pain. So people share the config file with redacted details. That’s it.

@Malone5923 I can assure you those detailed walkthrough.I can’t post it publicly dor the sake of privacy and also because i don’t want to offend someone in particular.Now for the sanity check of this POST i can send you one of those few SPOILER screenshot.Just PM me if you are interested.

Coming to the recent boxes …i wish if i could post that details here publicly .But that will be something really shameful for us.So i just created this post as they may realize on their own.Hope this post helps him.

I agree with @Malone5923 I never received walkthrough or direct root flags.
The one and only detailed one I got for is Conceal. That too config set up is pain. So people share the config file with redacted details. That’s it.
@sesha569 i will share another screenshot with you not the one with @Malone5923.Let me know if you are interested too.

Also i have one screenshot of the direct root.txt and user.txt being sent through the PM’s.
Let me show it for the sanity check.

I believe you, it may happen. You dont have to read them though.

@peek Thanks for you kind words.
Another thing is that i have supported my theory with the help of few proofs,screenshots by sending them to @Malone5923 as per his request.But i only sent him one such instance taking into consideration the privacy of those peoples involved .

If anyone at any point of time needs proof just PM me,i will give him the proof.
My recent experience with such instance was on the box named ETHEREAL,where SPOILERS were released to help the noob’s to do that machine.But luckily only few peoples got that the reason being the box was mega hard so most of the peoples didn’t bothered for that otherwise this machine could have earned 1000’s of root flag.

I request peoples to help but in the way that help’s someone to learn,not to “cat root.txt” and submit.

I have never gotten a direct walk through. If I had I also wouldn’t have posted about it publicly.