Netmon

I got the credentials and logged in, how can I get root.txt?

Hi everyone, got root. Just not the right way I think. Looking for someone who can explain some stuff to me. Please PM!

Type your comment> @manick69 said:

I got the credentials and logged in, how can I get root.txt?

search a little bit, get the version or find exploits

Root

To find the credentials you should see the documentation of the app or at least follow the advice of @peek once you find the thread of R****t, it will be very helpful, if the password does not work read the name of the folder again where did you get it.

If you are inside the app it is advisable to see the blog where they mention the CVE, but you do not necessarily have to use exactly the same command mentioned in the blog, there are many ways, you can even get a reverse shell.

If you’re lost, use the app’s log to know where your payload ended up :slight_smile:

So Guys I have an update on how to get root.txt or shell… Pleople doing it need to ask themselves:

1. The first part of the code (from blog) does that exists… If that doesn’t exist, is my second part going to work?

2. During directory traversal, it may happen that PRTG does not accept Windows type slashes.

Big shout out to @kjb and @w4l73r :slight_smile:

Hi, I still have to root this box, but I will leave what I think it could be a good hint to the people struggling to find the creds inside the box just like I was. Make sure you’re viewing all the available files in the server.

does anyone know how long the reset process takes, as it would seem that someone is doing a reset, as the prtg web site is not responding, and it would seem that someone took down the site…

EDIT:- finally got root, whew, willing to help, lots of help from guys in this group, let me know…

REMOVED WRONG BOX

Type your comment> @jouster said:

does anyone know how long the reset process takes, as it would seem that someone is doing a reset, as the prtg web site is not responding, and it would seem that someone took down the site…

EDIT:- finally got root, whew, willing to help, lots of help from guys in this group, let me know…

amazing feeling to get the root flag after the countless failed attempt with a silly mistake everytime…
happy to help if someone need pointers :slight_smile:

rooted, easiest box so far excluding jerry :dizzy:

anyone care to give me a nudge, im logged into the webpage as admin, and dont want to say anymore, due to spoilers, pls pm me

Well, im searching for the creds, i think i enumarated everything but i do not have something yet. Any help would be much appreciated

Please you can stop changing the password.

Thank you

Box rooted, machine totally broken, it took me a while to do my reverse shell

Finally Done The Root

I’m pretty much a noob at this and pretty surprised that i was even able to get the user flag but having major difficulties trying to get root. Would anyone mind trying to help me?

Good machine. Root took a little bit of digging. I’d also like to re-iterate what others have said: if you have found some credentials and they aren’t working, have a think. The machine almost certainly doesn’t need to be reset.

special thanks to @w4l73r for tips and help, i know there is enough hints here, i now have creds, and be able to use them, found a way to run commands in remote system, but based on blog i am unable to spawn reverse shell. can someone help??

Rooted… machine simple but very unstable. At the end I liked it.