Hackerman

This is a nice challenge for beginners. If you’re stuck, make sure that you examine the file closely. After you get the initial piece of information, you’ll find it to be rather intuitive.

can someone pm me? i think im in the almost and i feel so lost haha, i think i’m failing in the decrypt method, pls need some help :frowning:

People are being misleading telling that when you get almost you’re done, you are not! There are few more steps and few more tools 'till you get your flag. PM me for hints :slight_smile:

@NightHunter007 said:
i cannot even get the almost that you guys are talking about… please PM and teach me guys

Me too! Really new to this space. HELP PLEASE

@andrewh said:
If you have found the almost, then you literally are almost there!! It’s a steg challenge so go to your most obvious steg challenge app on kali and use what you have found!!

BUMP!

i got it, but i am confused how I almost got there? PM me if you know… just for knowledge.

I’m new and learning. can someone help me out?

@dextrocia said:
I feel like i didn’t get the flag the right way. Some of the other posts I feel give away a key piece of information that made the challenge easier to guess.

This 100%.

I was definitely able to use the wealth of hints in this thread to skip past the first step which I believe to involve a certain encoded/encrypted string.

I’m going to try and figure out what I missed but if someone sees this who solved it the ‘right’ way feel free to DM me to compare notes.

Wow, that one took longer than it should’ve. Although most of the posts have given the biggest hint about the first thing you find, the next step is using that information with the tools you have. PM me if you need further hints.

If you understand almost, the challenge almost done, because we already went that way in previous challenge.

Loved this challenge! Easy but not too easy, but almost too easy.

I’m struggling with almost - can someone kick me in the right direction via PM?

So I got the “almost”. I am also pretty new to this stuff so I have been trying to find resources to learn and force myself to try and figure it out but I just cannot seem to get around it… After reading these comments, I feel like I am missing something very simple too. Could someone PM me for a hint or a slap in the face? (I also hate asking for help but I am stuck)

I made the challenge but not found something in the way.
Can someone pls send me PM?

Nothing, found it :slight_smile: Mayb too high

Yeah i solve it!! you can PM me for the help!!

Solved it :D, if your stuck PM me for help.
you might have to download some tools.
when u reached almost, your pretty much there.

Hint: think simple and check the file.

Got the flag, without bruteforce, thought it was a rabbit hole, so i used a bruteforce tool, got the same result, d’oh :slight_smile:
Anyways, i got myself a brand new version of python (stegcracker requires >= python3.6)

PM me if you need help

I was on the right track from the beginning, almost got there but the way/python script would have taken 32 days if it ran through the whole according to my calculations. So glad I tried other methods.

hacker man challange is not exist am i correct??