Curling

I am logged in on the linux machine through a shell. I am not able to ‘cat’ the user.txt file ,can someone help me out and PM me? I tried to change the p*******_b***** file to binairy but now I am stuck…

Rooted this box after beating around bush for so long. PM me for any help

If anyone needs help pm me !
All the best

i got shell in about 15 m and i found the p**_**p file and i decode it and when i want to get back to my shell i found it deleted and i couldn’t get another shell, the home page don’t work any more, and when i got shell i missed to save the user name so now i have the password but the no user name , and i’m just gonna give up on this machine it’s have been reset every 2 minutes .
short sad story ;'(

I got so lost on privesc it was simple but wow was I struggling!!

Hi guys, got p*****-p decrypted, to a file with head p*.txt, but i’m kind of stuck now, don’t know if that’s really something or has got anymore decrypting

Got User! Overthewire Bandit sends its regards :slight_smile:

If anyone need help on user, pm me! Gonna work on root now!

Hi guys - new to HTB just finished irked - doing curling but stuck after getting user shell. I can see a------a— folder and to interesting files in there but don’t know how to tackle them. I have tried moving, copying, cating, tried signatures etc but no use. Anudge will be helpful - clear

I have been trying to get user.txt for over 1 day now, but I cannot seem to get a shell or any other info. I think I am doing something very simple wrong which is screwing everything up. I am able to log in as the user with the password found from the secret file. Can anyone DM me for a pointer? THank you.

Type your comment

hello. got root flag, but wanted to know the way to do it not downloading a file from internet. anyone willing to share knowledge please pm me

Root shell after quite a long battle! Feel free to PM me for help!

I just got root.txt the intended way. I dont think I couldve gotten it without all the hints. It’s not that easy! At least not for me.

This box is also vulnerable to a new and dirty Ubuntu privesc. Got root.txt that way earlier today (with the help from a friend).

stuck on the root shell I can read the root.txt file and I know what is going on in a***-***a folder. Any nudge on how to proceed. The suspicious switch does not have much information online on how I can tweak it.
Edit: nevermind got it. fun way to get root shell

nevermind, got it. fun way to get root shell

Stuck with priv esc to root. I identified the I**** file around the users dir but not sure whats going on with it or how to leverage it. I also know its being called with **** but again not sure the timing or something, please help!

Type your comment> @khalsa68 said:

Hi guys - new to HTB just finished irked - doing curling but stuck after getting user shell. I can see a------a— folder and to interesting files in there but don’t know how to tackle them. I have tried moving, copying, cating, tried signatures etc but no use. Anudge will be helpful - clear

You and me, both. I’m stuck in the exact same position. Anyone with pointers on where to go from here? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

PM me for hints …

Rooted! Was making this way harder than it was!
One “tip”: if you finished Overthewire Bandit you should have all the knowledge necessary to understand what is going on with th key parts, for root and user flag.

And if you need, pm me for hints :slight_smile:

Just joined HTB and for a first lab it is fun one!

I managed to get to user flag pretty easily but I am now stuck on root flag and could do with a couple of hints.
I noticed the files and that there is some c*** running but cannot see where. Based on the box name I also suspect I have to use c*** tool too for this one.

Am I on a good path? I am clearly missing a piece and can do with a small nudge :slight_smile: