Curling

I’m having a bit hard time to get the root.txt and root shell for few days now and I think it’s time to seek some help from others who already owned this challenge. Anyone would like to help? :slight_smile: I really appreciate this community that lift their brothers and sisters when stuck in the rabbit hole. Indeed a great place to learn something new.

NVM about the root.txt. I’ve already read it and thanks to “sillydaddy” for the help. Now, working on root shell on this challenge.

i trying to get user.txt, i know what type of file password_backup but after that i can’t figure out how to to turn it into something usable because all i get is file called 33

I am logged in on the linux machine through a shell. I am not able to ‘cat’ the user.txt file ,can someone help me out and PM me? I tried to change the p*******_b***** file to binairy but now I am stuck…

Rooted this box after beating around bush for so long. PM me for any help

If anyone needs help pm me !
All the best

i got shell in about 15 m and i found the p**_**p file and i decode it and when i want to get back to my shell i found it deleted and i couldn’t get another shell, the home page don’t work any more, and when i got shell i missed to save the user name so now i have the password but the no user name , and i’m just gonna give up on this machine it’s have been reset every 2 minutes .
short sad story ;'(

I got so lost on privesc it was simple but wow was I struggling!!

Hi guys, got p*****-p decrypted, to a file with head p*.txt, but i’m kind of stuck now, don’t know if that’s really something or has got anymore decrypting

Got User! Overthewire Bandit sends its regards :slight_smile:

If anyone need help on user, pm me! Gonna work on root now!

Hi guys - new to HTB just finished irked - doing curling but stuck after getting user shell. I can see a------a— folder and to interesting files in there but don’t know how to tackle them. I have tried moving, copying, cating, tried signatures etc but no use. Anudge will be helpful - clear

I have been trying to get user.txt for over 1 day now, but I cannot seem to get a shell or any other info. I think I am doing something very simple wrong which is screwing everything up. I am able to log in as the user with the password found from the secret file. Can anyone DM me for a pointer? THank you.

Type your comment

hello. got root flag, but wanted to know the way to do it not downloading a file from internet. anyone willing to share knowledge please pm me

Root shell after quite a long battle! Feel free to PM me for help!

I just got root.txt the intended way. I dont think I couldve gotten it without all the hints. It’s not that easy! At least not for me.

This box is also vulnerable to a new and dirty Ubuntu privesc. Got root.txt that way earlier today (with the help from a friend).

stuck on the root shell I can read the root.txt file and I know what is going on in a***-***a folder. Any nudge on how to proceed. The suspicious switch does not have much information online on how I can tweak it.
Edit: nevermind got it. fun way to get root shell

nevermind, got it. fun way to get root shell

Stuck with priv esc to root. I identified the I**** file around the users dir but not sure whats going on with it or how to leverage it. I also know its being called with **** but again not sure the timing or something, please help!

Type your comment> @khalsa68 said:

Hi guys - new to HTB just finished irked - doing curling but stuck after getting user shell. I can see a------a— folder and to interesting files in there but don’t know how to tackle them. I have tried moving, copying, cating, tried signatures etc but no use. Anudge will be helpful - clear

You and me, both. I’m stuck in the exact same position. Anyone with pointers on where to go from here? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

PM me for hints …