Hint for HELP

Got user and have been stuck on root for about 2 days now, can anyone nudge me in the right direction?

Got user, stuck with root. I tried xp***, but it is not working. Can anyone please PM me? Any direction will be helpful. Thanks!

Finally Rooted!
If anyone got user with the “Intended way” (high port) can you plz tell me how ?
I don’t know how to enumerate this kind of applications.

For general tips I think everything was already said.
If you need any help just pm me and tell where you are and what you’ve tried

Got Root!

If this is your first time doing a linux privesc (like myself), you are gonna need some basic research. Google videos/articles to basic privesc, they ALWAYS talk about the method you need to get root on this machine.
But the tricky part, especially for beginners is not the “end” is the “means”.

Anyway,. great box @cymtrick I learned A LOT with this! If anyone need help PM me!

yey rooted \o/
No need for me to get credentials for user and root.
Hint for User:

1. Try increasing the range or think about timezones
    Hint for Root:
  2. If the heart is unpatched all the software on top should not care you

Rooted!

Didn’t even used n**.j* but I found the creds, user and root. It’s a simple machine only by the assumption that you know exactly what you should do. So in order to know what do do, my tip is: google EVERYTHING, specially the software you’re trying to penetrate.

PM for hints.

Finally rooted.
Boys and girls read the fucking source, understand what the server is doing and what’s happening to your files

PM for hints

Been stcuk for days trying to find the shell file on the webapp using the 40***.py exploit. If any wanna help me send me PM. THANKS

Type your comment> @auFlamel said:

Been stcuk for days trying to find the shell file on the webapp using the 40***.py exploit. If any wanna help me send me PM. THANKS

NVM just got in

I am unable to figure out time difference. I tried bruteforcing. But in vain. Can anyone help me, pls

Went for the high port approach, was able to log in with the found credentials and do some sql magic.
found admin credentials, but am unable to use them to log into the lower port page. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Can I get a hint on the exploit? Can’t figure out how to find my php shell.

Could somebody PM me about privesc? People are saying its easy but im really bad at it :expressionless:

I got user and root, and was going back to poke some more, but the same script and time range I used before, multiple times, is not working now. What gives?!

EDIT: Never mind. I had Metasploit listening for the reverse shell, and when the script hit my evil file it connected to the shell and then died without reporting it as a valid link.

I can’t get the user. I’ve got a shell that I am uploading and I know about the script. However, I can’t figure out the clock sync

Edit: Nevermind. I was looking at the wrong dir. When I looked to the correct one it was a piece of cake.

Guy am i just being heavily retarded here, Ive gone the low port route and called the git script which then gives me a success, However when i follow the link im greeted with a 404 and get no return no matter how i set this up, fairly new so any PM or help is greatly appreciated.

I’ve hit root, but curious if someone would walk me through the high port?

Got user and I’m pumped since it’s my first one for HTB! Sorry pleb here.

I have ideas for root but haven’t gotten around to trying them yet. Mind if someone can PM so I can walk through my though process?

When I run a Nmap scan (nmap -sV -sC -oA nmap 10.10.10.121) the result I get is:
“PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
25/tcp open tcpwrapped
|_smtp-commands: Couldn’t establish connection on port 25”

I also tried “enum4linux” but didn’t get anything.
How should I proceed from here? Need some help/guidance…

@shadow1warrior said:

When I run a Nmap scan (nmap -sV -sC -oA nmap 10.10.10.121) the result I get is:
“PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
25/tcp open tcpwrapped
|_smtp-commands: Couldn’t establish connection on port 25”

I also tried “enum4linux” but didn’t get anything.
How should I proceed from here? Need some help/guidance…

There are other ports to investigate…