Access

I have managed to access f** as an******s, but cant seem to find anything… try using raw FTP commands like NLST, STAT and etc… nothing… am i missing something here?

Try your more basic MS DOS commands

Rooted! Too late in the game… but it was a fun fun box. Learnt a lot.

Hi, im new to the boxes i’m not getting the process perfectly. the only thing i have done so far is anonymous login with ftp. No clue so far. Can anyone give me an advice for this.

Can I get a PM? I’ve been working on this box since about mid-December. I have user, but my r**** command works on and off across resets. Can’t figure out if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s coincidental/intentional. Any help is appreciated. I’ve done so much research and I’m starting to get burned out. I don’t want to quit and start on another box…

Type your comment> @freakinglord said:

Hi all,

I am really new to this and need some help. I did port scanning and found 3 open ports.
from what i read in other comments, i am on the right track. managed to look into h… link, but im stuck… not sure what tools to use for f… port. i tried using telnet and nc into f… port, but require username and password. do i need to exploit this port?

not looking for a solution, but learning the concept.

Yes, you need to use f**. Linux has a built-in command for that. Your t***** access depends on what you can glean from the files obtained through f**

Type your comment> @chonha57 said:

@Scalpel said:

@chonha57 said:
Hello! I trying read the b*****.m*b but is corrupted… Any suggestion?

Download it again - in another mode.

Works! Thanks

I downloaded in b***** transfer type and verify the file size is the same… but then what? i opened using mdb-sql, but not sure what to look for… seems gibberish…

Got root. Thanks for all the hints.

I got the root flag but not a root account. I tried to create it the same way I got the flag unsuccessfully…anyone wants to share how they did it in PM?

HINT: For all those saying that the command was not working and suddenly it was, in my case, it was a problem with the quotes (") and the shell I was using…

I’m a new “hacker” and I was wondering what to do once I got to f** and get the 3 files, I cant access one of them, the other looks corrupt and the t***.txt is really confusing. Any tips help, Thanks.

Hi all, so i am super new to hacking and HTB, love it so far this box has already taught me much, i have user flag now, but i have to admit i am too much of a noob to do the privsec, i tried using other Technics i have learned via the 2 other boxes i have taken (easy retired ones) to try an get a reverse_*** on to the system, but i have no clue hehe. so if anyone feels generous and want to take a poor noob under his wing please PM me :stuck_out_tongue: thanks.

I’m stuck at the having the data from the M** and accessed P** file, any tips?
Data does not seem to work on any of the services.

edit: have T***** access now, switched from UPD vpn to TCP which improved things alot.

I have access to the box, but the flags on r**** aren’t working at all. No output from dozens of variations of the command even after resetting that I do get output from on a local instance of Windows. Is something broken here? Please PM me if you had something similar happen, or have any other pointers for me.

Type your comment> @yayo86 said:

Hi guys, I’m new to pen testing and trying to give it a go on this machine, i got access to the A***** **l.zip and b.mdb files but i’m having trouble to open both of them. I tried some options but in vain. Could anyone point me in the right direction or any hint which tools i should use? Thanks

i tried transferring the A***** *******.zip… . bt i was not able to do so.

@Scalpel said:

@chonha57 said:

Works! Thanks

I downloaded in b***** transfer type and verify the file size is the same… but then what? i opened using mdb-sql, but not sure what to look for… seems gibberish…

I didn’t use mdb-sql, but two of the other mdb-*.

Type your comment> @Scalpel said:

@Scalpel said:

@chonha57 said:

Works! Thanks

I didn’t use mdb-sql, but two of the other mdb-*.

same here …got stuck with extracting .Z**

Type your comment> @Tendel10 said:

I’m a new “hacker” and I was wondering what to do once I got to f** and get the 3 files, I cant access one of them, the other looks corrupt and the t***.txt is really confusing. Any tips help, Thanks.

I got user, I am wondering if going for root is realistic for a newbie. Thanks

Stuck on the Priv Esc any hints or nudges would be much appriciated PM me please.

When I connect to the telnet port, nothing is being output and no input is being accepted.

Never mind. It’s just extremely slow.

i got a user access. i am trying to get root access , if you can give me hints, it would be very kind of you. also, do anyone knows how can a open rdp portin a machine if i am using