Curling

agghh finally got root! learned some s**t though!

Hank

Hello…
I already have user and I am able to read root.txt file, but I haven’t got root shell. I have tried a lot of things for getting root shell but nothing works. So, if someone could give me a hint in the right way I’ll be very grateful…

got user and root. learned some neat tricks

test

Got user.txt, i was doing the p*******.txt wrong lol

Got root after using p**y to see what was going on in that directory. Curious if there’s a way of doing that without downloading a tool.

Hey, Got the p*******_b***** file, and found the format B***2 but I don’t know how to do next, because just changing the extention doesn’t change the file format.
Hint will be appreciate, PM :wink:

Got the txt. Can anyone give me a hint on getting the root shell?

Finally got the root.txt without root shell.

I assume everyone did the initial shell the same way upload and catch? Tons of hints in the comments if you’re having trouble. Were you able to upgrade to fully interactive? Did anyone get any of the shell upgrades to work?

ok guys, i’m stuck on where to look to see what is updating it and r*t files , i’m not the greatest linux user so a lot of this is new to me, any useful PM’s on what i need to look for would be appreciated, given the name of the box i figured its going to relate to this program but cannot put the pieces together to work it out.

Never mind , its just dawned on me and i’ve got root…

Type your comment> @l30n said:

I assume everyone did the initial shell the same way upload and catch? Tons of hints in the comments if you’re having trouble. Were you able to upgrade to fully interactive? Did anyone get any of the shell upgrades to work?

Check how its working …hint Cron.
Its possible to get root shell …

I’m having a bit hard time to get the root.txt and root shell for few days now and I think it’s time to seek some help from others who already owned this challenge. Anyone would like to help? :slight_smile: I really appreciate this community that lift their brothers and sisters when stuck in the rabbit hole. Indeed a great place to learn something new.

NVM about the root.txt. I’ve already read it and thanks to “sillydaddy” for the help. Now, working on root shell on this challenge.

i trying to get user.txt, i know what type of file password_backup but after that i can’t figure out how to to turn it into something usable because all i get is file called 33

I am logged in on the linux machine through a shell. I am not able to ‘cat’ the user.txt file ,can someone help me out and PM me? I tried to change the p*******_b***** file to binairy but now I am stuck…

Rooted this box after beating around bush for so long. PM me for any help

If anyone needs help pm me !
All the best

i got shell in about 15 m and i found the p**_**p file and i decode it and when i want to get back to my shell i found it deleted and i couldn’t get another shell, the home page don’t work any more, and when i got shell i missed to save the user name so now i have the password but the no user name , and i’m just gonna give up on this machine it’s have been reset every 2 minutes .
short sad story ;'(

I got so lost on privesc it was simple but wow was I struggling!!

Hi guys, got p*****-p decrypted, to a file with head p*.txt, but i’m kind of stuck now, don’t know if that’s really something or has got anymore decrypting