Curling

deleted my comment please.

still struggling on root for this…I also see the the I***** file but unsure what to look for…any help guys?

Hank

Type your comment> @h00ligan said:

I could use some help getting root on this one… I see the files in a****-a*** and I know I need to use c*** but my brain isn’t putting it all together to make it useful. i’ve read the man pages and tried running a few flags on it but I’m not getting anywhere. Any help is much appreciated.

Still looking for help on this step if anybody is available. Thanks.

Can’t seem to figure out how to get root

stuck with the p****.b**** file …tried x** then b**** …got a string …but stuck …Can anyone help me pls

I believe , as a new user , there is no consistency in labeling the difficulty of a box in htb … I tried many other easy boxes and those were easy …This is definitely not an easy box …

I got root flag but would like to know how to get a root shell in this machine …Please pm me …thnaks

Stuck on user. I have gone through the source page but could not see anything, i went through the files and directories…nothing. Help

I’ve got reverse shell but can’t seem to get user or root shell but stuck on www-data privilege, Any tips on privilege escalation for this box?

wow…just got the root shell …happy to help

Well, it was very easy to get the user flag for me, but I got stuck on the root for quite a long time. And although I have the flag I am dissapointed, but maybe I just didn’t took the right path. Is there anybody who really understands this box and is willing to write me PM?
Anyway thanks for the small hints in the beginning of this thread!

Type your comment> @Awaria said:

Well, it was very easy to get the user flag for me, but I got stuck on the root for quite a long time. And although I have the flag I am dissapointed, but maybe I just didn’t took the right path. Is there anybody who really understands this box and is willing to write me PM?
Anyway thanks for the small hints in the beginning of this thread!

Cron !

@sillydaddy Kind of a big spoliler isn’t it?
However thanks. I did check this, obviously not carefully enough, I will take a look again.

agghh finally got root! learned some s**t though!

Hank

Hello…
I already have user and I am able to read root.txt file, but I haven’t got root shell. I have tried a lot of things for getting root shell but nothing works. So, if someone could give me a hint in the right way I’ll be very grateful…

got user and root. learned some neat tricks

test

Got user.txt, i was doing the p*******.txt wrong lol

Got root after using p**y to see what was going on in that directory. Curious if there’s a way of doing that without downloading a tool.

Hey, Got the p*******_b***** file, and found the format B***2 but I don’t know how to do next, because just changing the extention doesn’t change the file format.
Hint will be appreciate, PM :wink: