Senseless Behaviour

@Andro6 said:

@deleite said:
I need some hints, I’m stuck. First I got 4 files mysql compressed, then I tried different tools (soc, audacity, sonic visualizer) with no results.

firstly, you should use stegcracker tool for .wav file. And then you will get output file with base64 encoded

This. If you hadn’t have said this, I never would’ve known what to do. Not a big fan of challenges that require you to know about some obscure tool on github. That being said, at least now I know about that tool, so that’s cool I guess.

Overall, it was a fun challenge and good learning experience. Maybe he should’ve left a reference to stegcracker as a hint or something.

nevermind, got it

I’m stuck at last step, any help?

hope not spoiling to much… manual labor: www.dcode.fr search for the senseless language and use the dots…

Hey Can anyone help me with Challenge:senseless behavior(Stego) . The flag that I have is correct one. I have already asked others who have completed this challenge. But at the time of submitting the flag…it says wrong flag. Can Anyone help me with this.

@BlackArrow said:
Hey Can anyone help me with Challenge:senseless behavior(Stego) . The flag that I have is correct one. I have already asked others who have completed this challenge. But at the time of submitting the flag…it says wrong flag. Can Anyone help me with this.

try with lower cases…

Solved,

An interesting challenge, the clues of this thread were of great help, here mine:

Search the secret word of the file, it should be enough to start the challenge, after a while you will see a code, they are “magic numbers”, in linux there are ways to make the conversion, and after that you should look for something in that file: points, some humans understand it, but use their hands to understand it …

Really nice and difficult challenge! Sometimes too much information can blind you…

can someone tell me “*******bats” is flag?
sorry got it :happy:

Type your comment> @samsepi0l said:

Solved,

An interesting challenge, the clues of this thread were of great help, here mine:

Search the secret word of the file, it should be enough to start the challenge, after a while you will see a code, they are “magic numbers”, in linux there are ways to make the conversion, and after that you should look for something in that file: points, some humans understand it, but use their hands to understand it …

TySm! :smile:

Hi I used binwalk and got four MSQL ISAM files but seems to be the wrong direction, right? Any help is highly appreciated.

Binwalk actually returns a false positive

Just completed it.
This challenge was AWESOME!

PM me for hints :slight_smile:

Very cool challenge but the case sensitivity on the flag threw me off for a while.

that was fantastic. best stegano i’ve had yet. kept me going for an hour or two but eventually I saw the truth. bravo sh3llf1sh.

pls , can anyone share me a blog link or something about convert this meaningless strings to image

i didnt do anything like that :frowning:

Great challenge, really enjoyed it.

Type your comment> @Dethread said:

Very cool challenge but the case sensitivity on the flag threw me off for a while.

same here. flag is all lower case with no spaces.

Got the flag using se for the next-to-last step. But not before I struggled and gave up on using a different tool. Can anyone kindly show me if there’s a way to manually extract the same info with GIMP? Or, perhaps explain to me exactly what se is doing?

The flag is incomplete! Please PM me if you can tell me where to find the last few characters. I guessed them, but that can’t be the point of this exercise.

edit: nvm, most have had missed the last three characters, they are there