New linux smart enumeration tool

Hello guys, in case you want to test it, there is a new Linux enumeration tool in the block :). It tries to gradualy show the most important information for a privesc instead of just dumping a lot of information that in many cases is not useful.

Hopefully it is useful for somebody.

Suggestions and comments are very welcome.

Here is the link: GitHub - diego-treitos/linux-smart-enumeration: Linux enumeration tool for pentesting and CTFs with verbosity levels

Happy Hacking!

Good stuff man, love new tools will definitely check it out

That’s look good. Thanks. It’s helpful for new comers like me during priv escalation.

Looks great! I really like the different verbose levels. I have an idea that would be cool to see added. If after running say the default verbose level, It would be cool if you could expand or re-run a particular section or sections with a deeper verbose level. For example,

$ ./lse.sh --section ‘sudo,security,file system’ -l 2

Such a great tool!

I tested it on a HtB machine and lse.sh just showed the right way, as it has blinking arrows hahaha.

Cheers and congratulations!

Type your comment> @k1ds3ns4t10n said:

Looks great! I really like the different verbose levels. I have an idea that would be cool to see added. If after running say the default verbose level, It would be cool if you could expand or re-run a particular section or sections with a deeper verbose level. For example,

$ ./lse.sh --section ‘sudo,security,file system’ -l 2

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I will look into it. If you could also open a ticket on github it would help me to remember to work on it.

@Sh11td0wn said:
Such a great tool!

I tested it on a HtB machine and lse.sh just showed the right way, as it has blinking arrows hahaha.

I am glad that it was helpful. Which box was it? Out of curiosity :slight_smile:

@0xd1360b said:
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I will look into it. If you could also open a ticket on github it would help me to remember to work on it.

Issue sent!

Type your comment> @0xd1360b said:

@Sh11td0wn said:
Such a great tool!

I am glad that it was helpful. Which box was it? Out of curiosity :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I will avoid any spoils here, but i can say that was a lightweight machine hahaha

In fact, LinEnum shows the same results, but lse.sh gave the proper spotlight over the right way to privesc there.

I strongly suggest everyone to try it out.

Cheers

@0xd1360b said:

Issue sent!

Got it. Thank you!

@Sh11td0wn said:
Type your comment> @0xd1360b said:

@Sh11td0wn said:
Such a great tool!

Hi there,

I will avoid any spoils here, but i can say that was a lightweight machine hahaha

In fact, LinEnum shows the same results, but lse.sh gave the proper spotlight over the right way to privesc there.

I strongly suggest everyone to try it out.

Cheers

Ahhh, I did that one :D. Yeah, the tool tries to do that: focus on the important information instead of just dumping a ton of it for you to do the filtering.

I actually really prefer using this to LinEnum. Gives a super simple overview of a lot of different things to check.

Type your comment> @Peri said:

I actually really prefer using this to LinEnum. Gives a super simple overview of a lot of different things to check.

Thank you, I am glad you like it :slight_smile:

@0xd1360b said:

Issue sent!

The functionality was implemented together with some improvements :wink:

oh sweet, thanks! true story, found lse on FriendZone yesterday that somebody had left behind.

oh sweet, thanks! true story, found lse on FriendZone yesterday that somebody had left behind.

You are welcome. Yeah, it looks like there is already some people using it. It is cool to see that it is being used, thank you :slight_smile:

interesting tool.

edit, i found -l1 -l2

ok I tested on one machine with -l2 : it found the vuln, great tool, thanks

@peek said:
ok I tested on one machine with -l2 : it found the vuln, great tool, thanks

Hello @peek, thank you!

However I am a bit worried that you required -l2 to see the important stuff. Are you sure it was -l2 and not -l1 ? If it was -l2, could you PM me telling me what information was in -l2 that you needed for exploitation? Maybe it must me moved to -l1.

Thanks again!

wow, very nice. tested on friendzone… really cool

Type your comment> @Sekisback said:

wow, very nice. tested on friendzone… really cool

Thank you! I am glad it was useful to you.