Access

Type your comment> @luckythandel said:

plz i get into that f… . but i cant download the file from Engi… folder. plz HELP

try a different download mode

Finally got Root! Awesome box @egre55

Great box @egre55 also got root!
And for those struggling to read the root.txt file: p******** > c**

It was my first box so, if someone (beginner or not) need some help, just PM me :smiley:

Finally got root!
User was anoying, i had trouble getting the file without “corruption”… Hope this is not a spoiler but… think “binary” :smiley:

Has for root… i found it pretty easy once i found the hint in the desktop… Having a windows VM helps a lot!!

I cannot get this r**** command to work at all! even after finding the hint and trying so many iterations of the command! can someone PM with some help? I can show you the command I was trying, thank you for the help!

ROOTED!!! Literally spent all day on this, but pfew!! Time for beer.

I actually got a root shell on this (well, Administrator) and way WAY easier than just trying to read the file IMO.

Tip for root: utilize the r**** to execute another program on windows that can then in turn execute a one liner script to grant shell access. Ippsec’s Optimum video helped me here.

Can someone PLEASE PM me about their methodology for getting root? I’ve got it, but I need to understand WTF would lead me there. Am I just supposed to try that command as a one-off in case an admin got lazy? Or did I miss something during enumeration that would lead me to believe that the Admin got lazy?

I’d be willing to know what to do with root.txt. I just have the admin user not the system user which might be why, something else is going on I’m assuming other than just permissions for this file… Ah, I wish all boxes could be linux lol

any hints what to do with .pst file after unzip the file stuck there

@lduros said:
I’d be willing to know what to do with root.txt. I just have the admin user not the system user which might be why, something else is going on I’m assuming other than just permissions for this file… Ah, I wish all boxes could be linux lol

Nevermind, figured it out, was using the wrong flag on r**** preventing me from getting the root.txt.

Ok so this is my first box, I got user a few days ago but haven’t managed to figure out how to get root, any help would be much appreciated or directions to some material where I can learn about what to do. thanking you!

when I log in as anon to f** and ls my session is stuck at “150 opening ASCII mode data connection” any suggestions on how to fix this?

USER:
To get the user the main advice is to be aware of the output of the commands you make. If your files are corrupt (100%) it is because you do not pay attention to the commands’ warnings.
ROOT:
Look all the users directories, u will find a interesting command that u need to use. Obtain a shell and download the file that u need. Thats all.
GOOD LUCK

It’s my first box which I try. Found f** got m** and A*****.z** via b***** mode, so they dont get corrupted. Found some credentials inside m**, but they don’t seem to work.
Can I DM someone to get a little hint and see if the credentials are the correct one?

Props to @egre55 for this box. Embarrassed to admit how much time I spent down the wrong rabbit hole. As frustrating as that was, I think I learned so much more because of it. Fantastic box.

If someone who really understands this box would DM me I would love to ask a couple of questions to clarify some things.

Hi all!

I’ve gotten user.txt but kinda stuck at running the magical command to read the root.txt.

The posts in here has been extremely helpful (so is SS…) but I am not sure if the way I have arrange the options using that magical command is correct.

Would anyone be available to help nudge me in the correct direction?

Thank you. =)

So grabbed the A*****.z** and M** files. Went back an have tried redownloading them using the b***** setting, but fcrackzip using rockyou is failing to find the password for the Z** file. Is there something else I’m missing?

Type your comment> @Retsurai said:

So grabbed the A*****.z** and M** files. Went back an have tried redownloading them using the b***** setting, but fcrackzip using rockyou is failing to find the password for the Z** file. Is there something else I’m missing?

Go through the M files. It’s painful but you will find what you need.

Type your comment> @pingunrchable said:

Haha, thanks a ton. Took about 20 seconds to find the password. Not sure why it didn’t occur to me to just take a look in the M**

Type your comment> @pingunrchable said:

Haha, thanks a ton. Took about 20 seconds to find the password. Not sure why it didn’t occur to me to just take a look in the M**

No problem! =)