Irked

Rooted. Fun and pretty easy box.

Could someone give me an hint for user? I already got the shell with MSF, found user.txt and the .b***** file. Got the information I needed from it, but now I don’t know where to use it.

EDIT: Got user. Lol, never forget the services you have already enumerated

Finally got root! Thanks everyone for the hints.

Complete noob here. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get root. I think I’ve found the interesting file, but I can’t seem to make it do anything. All it says is permission denied. Am I missing something?

Edit: I have finally figured it out.

Can someone here pm me some hints about the root? i am really stuck and after hours of being brainfucked i still have no clue where that is?

Hey guys can anyone pm i got the.b**** file and couldnt understand where to use it.

got a shell, found the .b***** file, searching for “the binary” file that everybody is talking about, and also searched for a program on the machine that is used for steganography, but i couldn’t find any. Appreciate any nudges or tips please :anguished:

Rooted :+1:

Can somebody please tell me what is the image in the main page of the Irked machine… Can’t see to load the image…Have tried multiple times…It only load half i.e. the upper part black and yellow part of the image but did not load fully…pls help

Really stuck on root for this. Could anyone PM me a hint? I think I’m close but not sure if i’m going down the right path

Rooted! Thanks to @w00pi for a small nudge in the right direction!

enumerating r*****d service am I on right track

Hey good folks!

It’s my first box and CTF so I’m a bit lost since I’m noob.
I got a shell but I can’t seem to finde a way to get user or root.

Somebody can PM me a hint?

Thanks!

User & Root.

PM me if you need some extra help. Although, The information in the forum is enough to solve it.

@Skunkfoot said:

@devanshll said:
feeling a moron atm, i know should be easy to understand this b***** file, but i just cant get it

Ever done any challenges on here?

@Skunkfoot thanks for this, the challenges definitely helped and were fascinating. I had never looked in to anything like that before.

need hints for root pm me please :slight_smile:

Any tips on priv esc? I’ve got User in the way I think the author intended, have a stable shell, found a bunch of S**D files and ran them but I can’t see any way of using them to my own ends. I think I basically know what my options could be oce I’ve got the right one, but which is it? Any chance of a nudge in the right direction please?

Thanks!

ARgh, this root thing is killing me. any hint on root enumeration via DM is appreciated. ya i know, it should be right in front of me and all the clues i need are in this thread. i’ve read them and still can’t find the obvious.

Edit: Finally rooted. Many thanks to @mendedsiren63 for the hand holding! Happy to help if needed.

Good machine to root! Enumeration is the key!
Hint for root: copy the list of binaries in your linux box and compare with the target machine… Something will stand out. It was right in front of me and I ignored it like my gym :expressionless:

I got user and root.

For user, got an idea from ports and images
For root, got and used SUID

It was funny