Vault

Thanks @clmtn for the help! I am on the right track, but it seems that the website functionality to update the *.**pn file is not working properly (on eu-free)…frustrating.

@clmtn said:

@bokanrb said:
anyone could give a me hint (not spoiler) in how to proceed with the G** file?
Do I need to copy that file to my machine or do everything at Vault box?

Hi there, I have PM’d you.

need this hint related to .gg file.
Seems that g
***** n-key do not work properly - because i can’t create what i need with word what i would like to use )

The hardest part of getting root this machine for me was to transfer file.
Vault is very good practice for forwarding techniques!
Highly recommend to draw network topology to clear the picture.

Anyone about to go over the tunnel - got the IP addresses , ports, host-names etc - and remember doing this in poison but cant quite get it to work on this one !

Any hints to get from D** to V****? I saw the b***_h***** and everything in it, but I don’t know how to get to it

hello can someone help me to get a reverse shell I found the location to upload the ie file but It wont execute the P** code. What i’m doing wrong? I’m using the P**-r-s*** from pentestmonkey

@jvlavl said:
hello can someone help me to get a reverse shell I found the location to upload the ie file but It wont execute the P** code. What i’m doing wrong? I’m using the P**-r-s*** from pentestmonkey

Solved it thanks a quote of Skunkfoot.
What a ride. Learned a lot already.

Has anyone got root shell or only decrypt the final file ?

Type your comment

Can anyone point me in right direction?
got first user d***. Found the webserver running on D** . But have no idea where to get .o**n file

@humurabbi said:
Can anyone point me in right direction?
got first user d***. Found the webserver running on D** . But have no idea where to get .o**n file

write your own

Edited

I was stumped as to where this so called log file was - then i found out some idiot had deleted it.

To the person who deleted said log - I hope you sit on a large cactus !

@ZaphodBB said:

Edited

Im stumped as to where this so called Log …

To the person who deleted said log - I hope you sit on a large cactus !

??
You can just reset the box. Logfiles are on every Linux in a specific directory.

Anyway, the box had a very well thought out design kudos to the maker.
Content we all wish to keep seeing here on HTB. Once again, bravo !

User hint : “We need to go deeper”, you really need to, keep enumerating interfaces.
Then it’s all normal linux stuff, it is one of those boxes that you need to keep notes where you at and where do you need to go.

Root hint : well things here are a bit tougher once you find what you need to look for, you will see something that maybe most of you haven’t done before. Take a step back think how he manages to login and with all that port forwarding/tunneling stuff that you used to get there… well you will figure it out.
As for the file , google is all you need

Oh I’m quite aware it can be reset , as am i aware of where logs are stored - shouldn’t have to keep resetting the box though due to some idiot.

Either way, deleting files that are relevant to the box is a really shitty thing to do

Well fortunately never happened to me, i feel you ahah.

Rooted Successfully Thanks@dmaendlen for the hint.

Wow! Just wanted to say thanks to the creator as I learnt sooooooo many new things. Although, I’m not sad it’s finally all over and rooted :wink: My brain hurts!!! Haha! I wasted far too long with the web directory enumeration at the very beginning, kicking myself as it’s not the first time.

So, my hint to others is to keep track of the exact directories searched at, wordlists used, file extensions looked for, etc. That way you can ensure that you’ve covered everything and can work through the site progressively rather than trying the same thing over and over just hoping for a different result… :slight_smile:

@nol0gz
Great box, the best from HTB boxes so far ! It was not very tough for me, I had the huge fun doing it, recalled some things and learned a couple of new. Thanks !! :slight_smile:

got root, learned a lot. PM me if you need help!

Its a box, in a box, in another box. How many new technicist did ii learn? About 4 or 5 new thing. It was tough for me, especially n**t. Taking off my hat in front of @tabacci and @cyb3reagle for help.