Carrier

@r00tGh0st said:
Guys , I suck at RCE , stuck at the C***k parameter. Anyone that can help me shed some light on which way to manipulate the input…

try with simple commands, for example - ping. look at result of execution

Can someone please PM me with guidance for getting root.txt. I have an idea about what I need to do & would like to share what I have done so far vis-a-vis b** h******** & using t******.

i need hint…man, hello, i got user.txt by Check=…, but i have no idea to get root.txt or root shell

@B1ngDa0 said:
i need hint…man, hello, i got user.txt by Check=…, but i have no idea to get root.txt or root shell

remember informations on the site

it’s silly but im stuck with ps -term* issue

EDIT: ok im an idiot…got it

Got user, but I’m not sure if that’s where the flag was supposed to be… found it when I was doing RCE. Was it in the root directory of the RCE vulnerability? or did I just catch a break from someone else’s clever scripting?

Hopefully this isnt a spoiler. Just trying to grab user the intended way and not from someone elses work.

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind. Just checked the date on the file and I’m good.

I get this error message:
“bash: cannot set terminal process group (801): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell
bash: 0: No such file or directory”
i tried many times i don’t know what i am doing wrong.

Before get root I thought that it is necessary to be CCNP to fulfill necessary attack.
But after I see that CCNA is quite enough. It is not necessary to study network protocol you attack in details.
Just several simply steps and attack fulfill automatically.

I cannot imagine where can you get error like “bash: cannot set terminal process group …”

I got this box in the end! Although I did find it surprisingly difficult.

If anyone happens to know what the secret data file was all about I would be interested to know.

does anyone knows when this machine is going to be retired?

@andy The secret data file was nothing, just a little easter egg I put in there

amazing box, thanks @jkr for a lot of help and patience

Rooted :slight_smile:
Root was difficult.It is like insane for me.

I got User.txt but I stuck on priv escalation. Guide me brothers.

@aungkyawphyo said:
I got User.txt but I stuck on priv escalation. Guide me brothers.

Remember the info graph and think about how you need to deal with a setup like that!

Hello, can someone please give me some hints about root? I’ve got the reverse shell, looked at the ip routes but I can’t think about a “game plan”… any hint is allowed :slight_smile:

@D3f3nd3r said:
I get this error message:
“bash: cannot set terminal process group (801): Inappropriate ioctl for device
bash: no job control in this shell
bash: 0: No such file or directory”
i tried many times i don’t know what i am doing wrong.

I’ve seen that a few times. Sometimes I have to try a different reverse shell technique or list the full path of the programs I’m using to attain the reverse shell. Try to locate where the tool you’d like to use is, then list the full path to it vs. just calling the tool by name.

got root originally but not the right way.

edit: thanks to a number of individuals who pointed me in the right direction to do it the right way.

also this link helped, once you understand the service you can unmask the stars https://www.nongnu.org/q*****

really learnt something from this box, so it gets my vote!

I got root shell but can only see user.txt, is there something i’m missing ?

off topic : that box brought me to gns3 and cisco routers. I recommand to watch videos about gns3 after you finished the box, it’s very interesting.