Dab

Okay so I’ve found wendells password as previously hinted on this thread…

Got user, really interesting and challenging machine :slight_smile: Onto root

Rooted … interesting box. Nice priv esc.

Looking into creating my own lib******* for the my**** binary but it still seems to just keep prompting me for a pass and then failing… Any idea?

Most annoying this is knowing what to do but don’t know how to use the tools to do it…

Got now idea on how to get the pass for the m***** binary. Tried debugging/decompiling etc and Its just so confusing

EDIT:

rooted. Thanks to @GreysMatter and @YanTayga gave me a lot of hints along the way. Struggled hugely with the RE On the binary, still don’t really understand it. I realised that I had 80% of the password from my first initial RE on the binary and could of got the rest by BF but just didn’t think of it.

Rooted - Understand the priv esc but struggled hugely with the RE of m*****, anyone available for a PM to discuss?

someone please PM me, I’ve s******t and can’t figure out what command to send

stuck on the socks page, dont know what to do now. Been at it for a while now.

Seems like the page is loading a different list from a different source. Dont know how i could use that.

i am still having a hard time understand how to proceed with the socket page. A little hint will be appreciated.

found the specifiic port to enter in the socket test page, its not showing anything other than the version, certain stats and ERROR. Dont understand how to proceed. Did all the reasearch i could do, please help.

have pm’d you

got Spoiler Removed password, but cant ssh. Also thanks for the previous help.

Wonderful, though at times frustrating, box. Thanks be to the creator!

Congratulations to all who got and will get root on this machine!

It is hard way, but it is possible!
The last step similar Linux Privilege Escalation Workshop that I got last year.

Got user. Do the recon, and then google to figure out what to do with it.
Finally hashes.org FTW…

Huge shout out to @robertwhite98 for the help. That priv esc was a pain in the end, even if you know the steps getting everything to work right can be difficult.

stuck on parameters sanitation for cmd=. May be it rabbit hole?)

Removed