Hint for HELP

I am so confused, I managed to get user without too much trouble, but now I’m struggling super hard with root, unlike everyone else on this box ahhh! If someone could give me nudge for root I would really appreciate that!

@bluealder said:
I am so confused, I managed to get user without too much trouble, but now I’m struggling super hard with root, unlike everyone else on this box ahhh! If someone could give me nudge for root I would really appreciate that!

Also struggling to get root. Help would be appreciated.

@shadowdriu said:

@bluealder said:

Legit got it 5 mins after posting this, was strugling on it for a day or two ■■■■. PM if you need a hand

This was great, thanks @cymtrick … I’ll be honest, user threw me for a bit and i did have to dip into the forums so thanks for all of the t*** t***el talk lol…root was game over after about 20 minutes…very cool!

//hints

User: Don’t pull your hair out. Well documented, pay close attention to stuff that you normally don’t care about :slight_smile:

Root: Old skool, don’t reinvent the WHEEL :bleep_bloop:

@shadowdriu said:

@bluealder said:

Hey. Try looking at some of the most basic and first steps you do when priv esc’ing. g0tmi1k has a nice list of things to try.

Nice machine enjoyed this one.

User: read the exploit really carefully and follow exactly what you should do, if you did a dirb run there should be a directory which make the most sense for the uploaded tickets. no code changes in the script needed.

Root: as Spiderixius wrote: g0tmil1k has a nice list and searchsploit is your friend

Hello, I’m trying to go throw the N*** service, but I can’t find the endpoint someone could give me some hint?

Hello, I’m stuck at the high-level port. I found the endpoint but just cannot get my query right. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

@blueorchid said:
Hello, I’m stuck at the high-level port. I found the endpoint but just cannot get my query right. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Any hint for the endpoint?

any hint @takeiteasy ???

Hello guys, can someone help me please on this machine … i’m stuck … thanks in advance :slight_smile: <3

@m4rc1n said:
Now Im really confused. I used the REST alternative to get user and its hash (with one of the previous posts its easy). I cracked the hash and have also password. tried to log in via the lowest port and cannot. What am I missing?

likely someone has changed the password, there are a to of trolls on this box

Not sure if something changed on this box, I was previously able to “submit a ticket” using a bypass and “find my ticket” afterwards. But now I can’t find my uploads, even if I upload jpg/txt/etc. Did something change on the box?

Rooted. I agree that user was much more of a challenge than root, but definitely an interesting box to play with.
So, for my hints.

User: There maybe more than one application running. Headers are helpful. Make sure to CoVEr the services found, and let this baby hit 88 mph.

Root: Everyone keeps using the same phrases, like “basic,” easy, “don’t overthink,” and so on. For those struggling with what they mean, google any beginner’s guide to priv esc, and it is usually one of the first bits of information you can get and find exploits for.

PM me if you need further hints.

Another tip: This box gets reset often which may not show up as an error in the middle of a script run. I had this happen and missed an entry earlier because I didn’t notice the reset.

Also - you don’t need SQLMap.

Hint #3: The error messages from the webapp will LIE to you.

Finally rooted! Thanks @Spiderixius for your hints and @cymtrick for the box. User was frustrating…

@isuckathacking said:
Another tip: This box gets reset often which may not show up as an error in the middle of a script run. I had this happen and missed an entry earlier because I didn’t notice the reset.

Also - you don’t need SQLMap.

Hint #3: The error messages from the webapp will LIE to you.

By error messages you meant “**** not allowed” ?

@cymtrick said:

@dev0id said:
@MrR3boot so simple fuzzing for the parameter name and value is not enough? is the etag important?
This might help
a collection of points whose coordinates satisfy a given relation.

Lol now I understand xD

Is machine’s timezone important? Also i can’t even find jpg files when i upload. Helps will be appreciated.

Sorry if spoiler but apparently people have been using this video as a hint: Leon Shows Larry How to Deal w/ Bullies | Curb Your Enthusiasm (2017) | HBO - YouTube

I mean wtf is going on with this machine. Constant resets, people changing the password. Have some ■■■■■■■■ class or integrity.