Curling

any help on root flag and shell

Stuck at the Joomla page , can’t upload my shell any tips guys ?

@0x0A said:

@noobsaibo said:
Hi every one, could someone help me on this machine, i got password_backup but dont know what to do with it

@td00k say : I recommend to take a look on the OverTheWire – Bandit, level 12. It’s a great hint

Indeed it is :slight_smile:

Hi, i have uploaded a reverse shell succesfully but now im stuck in what to do. Im pretty new, can somebody help me?

i added the file location of root.txt in In*** and i open Re**** there is nothing there, and when i go back to the In*** file it has reverted back to default U=http://******

can some please help me :slight_smile:

Hello,

Some hint for the root

Greetings

@butanenacho said:
can some please help me :slight_smile:

I’ve PM you. :slight_smile:

stuck at privilege escalation. any kind soul here willing to help me out? think I have found all the clues, just not sure how to make good use of them.

EDIT: managed to get root.txt. and fiddling around some more afterwards gave me root shell. :slight_smile:

hi all,

stuck at priv esc. having read the documentation of c*** , i still fail to extract root.txt . Any hints?

hi, i am stuck while trying to get root.txt, i have edit a****-**** but i dont understand what i am going to do with that file any further. any help, what relation this machine with C***? thanks

@k4z said:
hi, i am stuck while trying to get root.txt, i have edit a****-**** but i dont understand what i am going to do with that file any further. any help, what relation this machine with C***? thanks

PM’d you.

@k4z said:

Also stuck at this part. I’ve tried changing the content of the i***** file many different ways.

@0v3rride said:
Also stuck at this part. I’ve tried changing the content of the i***** file many different ways.

I’ll send you same PM in a sec.

@BazSecOps said:

@0v3rride said:

I’ll send you same PM in a sec.

Hi, could you help me as well?

@StamGR said:
Hi, could you help me as well?

Check your PM

anybody had trouble in decryption after getting the final piece using process alias to hostname

Got user on this box today after ~2 days of fiddling around. I’ve only done stego challenges on htb before so this was involved quite a bit of research and trial/error. Getting my first reverse shell felt great.

+4 more hours to figure out root. Thanks to all the great hints/direction in these comments

Got p******_b*****. I found out what kind of file it is, but I can’t decode it. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks

@Silento said:
Got p******_b*****. I found out what kind of file it is, but I can’t decode it. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks

edit : Got user.txt :+1: