Deadly arthropod

@kophjager263 - you could PM me the key you come up with and I can try to figure out where you’re misstepping and then point you to a way to see it yourself… :slight_smile:

@kophjager263 said:
Still at a deadlock with this one. I have the key and it’s a discernible key… makes s3nse and it’s in the right HTB{key} format… just not accepting it. I looked at a certain PDF with USB_HID device key mappings and also looked at a certain h file that had these mappings listed. Wrote a script to parse/iterate over the needed data and there are potentially two keys that aren’t 100% what they are. I’m not finding a device-specific (or product specific) PDF… Just not sure where to go with this. I’ve spent a week on this and i keep coming up with the same answer and no new resources. Anyone have a nudge on this? It’s driving me up a wall (because the key looks to be correct).

I’m in the same boat, stuck for some days, I have the key also, and it make senses to me, but it’s not accepting it either.

Couldn’t find anything special for this device model …

I’m sure i’m missing something, but what? Any clue?

I think i am on the same problem as others i think. I found email and the password for. But then i got strange 2 codes that i can’t put anywhere. Any hints for this 2 codes? PM please.

oooo i am so stupid i figure it out.

@escugs said:
oooo i am so stupid i figure it out.

could you please explain?

@GRIMREAPER There is song two the left one to the right

I hope this will help you with out putting spoilers.

upper case or lower case matters for fill the flag on the box?

@mokrea I assume it matters because the correct string has both upper and lower case chars.
@grimreaper think about what the USB device is and what those “2 strange codes” @escugs mentioned map to

copy pasting was the reason it wasn’t accepting in my case. entered it manually and it worked fine…

Someone mind PM’ing me, I’ve got it sorted but the flag doesn’t seem to want to take.

pm me

It is really worth mentioning that copy and paste is an issue for the solution. I spent the last 3 hours attempting to copy/paste the correct answer in only to have it rejected. I read the post from Cryo (above) tried typing it directly in and it worked a treat. Great Challenege though!!

i’m stuck, can someone help me pls. i got the 2 strange codes. tks

_one!>>>>>>>>>>>Loved_this : )

I’m stuck with this can anyone point-me the right direction? I got the mail address the supposed flag (doesn’t work) and a bunch of other strings than doesn’t make sense to me. This is my firsts challenge but I’m stuck. I can share in pv all the flags that I have. Thanks

Hello, I’m quite sure that I’ve found correct flag HTB{sentence that makes sense, with different letters}.

$ echo “HTB{flag}” | md5
83d503dab85f76722949bbc48282aec4

Could someone confirm or deny? :slight_smile:

deny

Can someone help me, i have the got 3 string, one email address and other stating as password and third could be the flag, but not taking tried to reshuffle it but still not working. Can any one please ping me for the help please

i think the challenge is to rearrange the output. you need to “carefully” rearrange all the output back to normal. i’ve encountered several times where my final arrangement is not correct

Solved it.

Hints.

1. Follow the arrows, like when you type on a keyboard.
  2. The flag it’s case sensitive, this means you need to find the pattern of uppercase letters.
  3. Be patient!