Chaos

Can anybody help me with the Python script? I have the right script, but I’m running into an error that I can’t seem to fix.

Can someone PM hint with decoding msg before running thru dec script ( reversed script)

Edited: nvm found it.

Got root finally! PM me if you need any hints.

I am having issue to get root. Could someone give me a hint?

Edit: Got root :))) Thanks to @clmtn and @Baikuya for hints

Hi Guys, Hope you are well. I managed to login into the wml service but I am struggling to find anything. I am googling using the set commands but there is no info available in the service. Can someone please PM to assist me. Thanks

Rooted this box finally. What a brainfuck of a box. definately 10/10 for me. 100% CTF like. Almost banged my head to the wall a few times. But overall a good learning experience.

Feel free to PM if you are stuck on something. Cheers!

I could use some help getting a shell from the lx service. I’ve tried every one liner I could find (p, p**, b***, n*, etc.) but none of them return an interactive shell. I have tried encoding msfvenom payloads in base64 and decoding them into files on the server, which (as far as I can tell) have the proper contents, but no dice.

Am I way overthinking this?

Edit: Got a shell thanks to @clmtn. My issue was the &'s in many one-liners, which one (I hadn’t tried) didn’t contain.

Edit: Got root. Learned a lot, but bashed my head against the wall a little too much along the way. Almost none of this box was anything I had done before.

Hi All, can someone please assist me. I managed to obtain the elusive files using the wml service but I am struggling with the decryption. I know I am using the wrong decryption file. Please can someone assist me. Please PM me. Thank you to all that have previously assisted me on this box.

very cool box, I’ve learnt a ton

Finally got root on the box. It was really long the process to own the box and somewhat complicated but liked it.

Need help for creds.
enum all services found where creds to be used & nothing inside pop/imap

@B0rN2R00T said:
Need help for creds.

Enumerate the web server that’s running.

@clmtn said:

@B0rN2R00T said:
Need help for creds.

Do i have to use list otherthan directory-list-2-3-medium.txt?

Finally got root.
Enumeration of the website(s) is key for the initial foothold. :wink: The hints in this discussion help a fair bit.

The rest flowed pretty smoothly from there.

Root was surprisingly simple once you manage to escape the shell.

Happy for PMs for hints.

@B0rN2R00T said:

@clmtn said:

@B0rN2R00T said:
Need help for creds.

Do i have to use list otherthan directory-list-2-3-medium.txt?

Nope, that or common.txt should find it. :slight_smile:

edit

thanks to @vertering for the assistance with the script…i learned a lot from this box…thanks @sahay for all the work that went into creating this machine!

Hi, can anyone PM me about after getting the file decrypted? I think I have some DNS misconfigurations… Thank you

Hi I have escape the restricted shell. I need help to priv escalation. Please can someone help. I went through the basics but can understand what to do. Please PM me. Thanks

OK Smarties: I have obtained the lins.sn; and all I need now is a copy of k4.*b; I need to know how on earth to create one of those k**4.*b’ and I believe I will be all set. Please dont be afraid to give a helping hand as I am learning! THanks Gents!