Guide for noobs

Hi, I am a newbie here and i don’t have much skills on this field. I am eager to study information security. Can someone help me with a small hack? I tried several challenges but cant succeed. There’s nothing on the Internet about those challenges too.
Thanks

Are you sure you want to start out with HTB? I’ve been doing this kind of stuff for a while now but I still find them pretty challenging, I’d reccomend doing stuff like hackthissite first where you learn the basics of web security.

If you really want to learn how HTB challenges are done you can watch guides of retired machines over at ippsec’s YouTube channel, it shows you how to approach each machine from easy to hard and gets you a basic understanding of pentest fundamentals.

Spoiler:

• Enumerate
  • ENUMERATE
  • ENUMERATE

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads-up Paradoxis

hay it helped me too

Maybe the natas/bandit challenges from overthewire are better to start with, or hackthissite.org. You can find guides to those challenges online and as soon as you’re confident enough you can go for the active machines here. Or start with the retired machines, for those you can also get help online.

root-me org
ippsec and derek rook videos
bandit on overthewire

Thank you for the information!

hackthis.co.uk was one of my personal starting points in re-education. The challenges are quite simple to Advanced. They surely do help boost personal confidence before attempting the challenges on HTB.eu

I will recommend tryhackme.com also they have some good walkthrough rooms

i am also a noobs i need a strong help for get start last 1 months i am trying to understand this.

First of all remove “noob” mentality. In cybersec no one is noob and no one is pro. Everyone is a learner in this awesome community.

All I suggest is to learn Networking, basic scripting (python, bash, php), go through ippsec and CTF walkthroughs, read medium write-ups.

Nothing is impossible and nothing comes easy. :slight_smile:

Good luck all…

Type your comment> @gunroot said:

First of all remove “noob” mentality. In cybersec no one is noob and no one is pro. Everyone is a learner in this awesome community.

All I suggest is to learn Networking, basic scripting (python, bash, php), go through ippsec and CTF walkthroughs, read medium write-ups.

Nothing is impossible and nothing comes easy. :slight_smile:

Good luck all…

The best advice I’ve heard all day, and the most accurate.