SecNotes

i’m still stucked in the login ! just got errors and more errors !

hmm

Nice challenge. PM me if you need a nudge!

One of my favorite machines so far! Pm for hints :wink:

finally did this one… pm me if you need help with root or user

Anyone able to hint on root would be fabulous. I think I see what to do, but can’t past either errors in my very simple shell or “Windows s******** f** l**** has no installed…”. I’ve even tried to install but still no luck, really lost on this!

And rooted. Hint for anyone who gets stuck where I was. Just opt to find where that file is.

I can get a windows reverse shell and can also get a b***.exe shell but it it unprivilages. Trying to look for vulns for the b***.exe but stuck on the priv esc. If anyone is willing to help please PM me. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: ROOTED! Wow the privesc was interesting to say the least. Had fun. Great Box. Solved my first box, really happy :smiley:

yyeeeeii !

finally root , interesant way to get root ! thank you.

type me for hints

Just started this machine 15 mins ago, and I must say: I LOVED the first few steps of this machine! However I’m kind of stuck. I’ve managed to login to smb(edit this if it is considered a spoiler). I don’t know what to do next. Please PM :slight_smile:

edit:
A lot easier than I made it to be, now on to root!

i am stuck hard on root flag all day now…i have a shell inside b*** but seems im not as root as i thought i was. anyone care to PM me a hint? i have read all in this thread(which makes me think i should have found it ages ago lol). im sure it’s something i overlooked.

Update:

so…box was just reset…logged back in…get my shells…read a file that i swear i read before.
Got root!

I currently have a reverse shell back to my linux machine. As others have mentioned, it drops when an error occurs or I try running the obvious executables. How can I get an interactive stable shell back to my machine ? I looked online and all I found were non interactive to ineractive shells for linux based victim’s. Any suggestions or nudges would help. Thanks!

EDIT:

I was using a different version of n****t.exe and that was effing things up. Thanks for the box.

(11) completed in 1 and 1/2 day with some direction
learned about linux subsystem vulnerability inside windows.

Very good box! I have learned a lot and thank you all for good advices! the tip:

1. Do not overthink the solution. Try easiest options first.
  2. For point 1, when you find the thing check how you can expand it, how it works.
  3. Connect to the box and enumerate it. Once again the solution is straight forward. Once you will get it try to find how you can get more perm.

If anyone will need hints I’m happy to assist.

I stuck at the initial foothold. It was a long and intense struggle, but I learned a lot and finally I was able to find my way. This box was an amazing ride. Thank you 0xdf

Getting the initial foothold was the most confusing thing about this box, the user shell was comparatively easy. Tbh, I have no clue why so many people in the thread complained about unstable shells. Getting root read access was easy enough but I wanted a root shell. I even talked to a coworker because my usual tricks didn’t work out. Now it works and I’m happy :wink:

Rooted. If anybody can PM me to talk about the privesc, I think I got root in a slightly different way

Stuck at… well… the beginning :-). Anyone who could gimme a tip or something how to obtain user?

Got user, I have found a way to get root but can’t see any file. Can someone PM me to check if I am on the wrong path ? Thanks !
EDIT: Got root, learned a lot, thanks to @clmtn and to @0xdf for the box !

Rooted
New things, nice box :+1: