Irked

@g0hl said:
Having issues with a constant reset of a certain service… am I on the right track? Is the box having issues? TY

You’re kinda on the right track. Not sure about the service but maybe the files.

Finally rooted… not sure if it was the right way… lol does anyone want to discuss it?

Hints are all over this thread…

One thing I can say that I feel dumb about is that the stego is NOT in the txt file… LoL

Yea I got root few days ago and this wasn’t as fun as Carrier/Vault not a fan of stego challenges, still learned something :+1:

Rooted.

Please inbox help me :((( Thanks you so much.

@ZerkerEOD said:

@g0hl said:
Having issues with a constant reset of a certain service… am I on the right track? Is the box having issues? TY

You’re kinda on the right track. Not sure about the service but maybe the files.

I got unprivileged shell… I didn’t enum enough so I was using something i shouldn’t have been. :slight_smile:

rooted if anybody need help for priv esc pm me.

So sad :(( I can CVE in irked.

unreal _ ir**_3**1_back****

I’m tired with users.txt and root.txt. I don’t know where it is

Please help me.

Finally a root shell, first to enumerate and then to see the file that does not belong to s.o use google.

Thank you very much for your support of @mannubb

Hi Guys, Thanks to all the hints here, I got root and I was able to get user also using the root. I want to knw how to what to do with the B* file. I still can’t figure it out. I would like to get hints on the steg. Thanks

@lavie3k said:
So sad :(( I can CVE in irked.

unreal _ ir**_3**1_back****

I’m tired with users.txt and root.txt. I don’t know where it is

The files are where they should be. Look into the user directories

Hardest part was finding the first username to log into the website

i got the shell. cant read the user.txt yet. can anyone help ?

Got root and have to say that I really enjoyed the box.
The only thing that I personally didnt like was the Steganography part to get user. Until now I do not know the users password : / Luckily you do not have to be user to be able to get root.
If someone could be so kind and tell me the solution to the Steganography part that would be nice. Because meanwhile I have given up on it. I know what Steganography is and I tried multiple things for several hours. I guess in the end I was pretty close but not smart enough :pensive:

Finally got the whole box :slight_smile: Thank you for the tips written here. If someone would like to have help or tips I’m happy to help.

Got user! Big thanks to @ZerkerEOD for the tips! Now on to root.

Stuck on rooting, ive done some SUID enumeration but am absolutely lost on which binary to use

can any one help me , i found .b*****