Curling

Been struggling for 2 days. I’m new with all of this and i know this box kind of easy for others. But i couldn’t even find a way to upload the shell. Been trying LFI but no luck (or maybe i did a wrong way).

How many votes or how long does it take to reset box? Someone defaced it and cant do anything now…

Edit: Fixed now but would still like to know how it works.

@Deus9 said:
How many votes or how long does it take to reset box? Someone defaced it and cant do anything now…

Usually when you request it on your server it takes two minutes. This gives someone time to do the /cancel command on it to stop it if they are still activly doing what they are doing. So if you are on the free servers there could be a good chance it gets canceled.

Plus I just defaced mine haha

Anyone that was able to get a root shell able to message me? With help I was able to get the root.txt, but I would like to learn how others are getting a root shell on the box to add to my knowledge.

Just took down this bad boi. Anyone need help pm me got root shell and everything.

For root → keep it simple, you know somethings are being saved to some files. U know a certain program is running who’s name is very similar to that of the box lol. Finally, you have everything you need in the home directory of the lower level user!

Good luck!

Nice challenge!

Can i please get some help with p***_b**** ? I know what file it is , **2. Tried a few things to open it or decrypt it with no luck… can someone pm me with a hint please? (i did go through all the hints provided on this site)

P.S PLEASE stop resetting the box every 5 mins! And stop defacing or adding upload forms to the main page… You can use a TINY command to get reverse shell, no need to upload files etc.

@Deus9 said:
Can i please get some help with p***_b**** ? I know what file it is , **2. Tried a few things to open it or decrypt it with no luck… can someone pm me with a hint please? (i did go through all the hints provided on this site)

P.S PLEASE stop resetting the box every 5 mins! And stop defacing or adding upload forms to the main page… You can use a TINY command to get reverse shell, no need to upload files etc.

Try running it through CyberChef (google it) - this helped me massively

Rooted at last, thank you @egotisticalSW that helped understand the situation. Was stuck there for ages. Root was a lot easier than i thought.

Overall, this is an easy box, only thing i found hard was p****_b**** and that was mainly because i misinterpreted some of the hints given. Nice box that helped learn a few stuff.
Thanks @L4mpje !

Ok so i have user, been trying to get root for a while now. Still not seeing what i need to do with the i**** file in a****-a***, Have read c*** manpage as well. Can anyone DM me for a nudge in the right direction. Would appreciate it.

EDIT: I managed to get root. Overlooked the required change inside the file as i did not think it would be that easy. Turns out it is. Thanx @jkr for the assist.

@Deus9 said:

Very sad to see how it is now. This is a site where we can learn and talk about what we like.
Why would someone come here and loose time creating messages of hatred??

First time on the box, new to all of this hackery stuff so if anyone has a tip I would greatly appreciate it.

I got the login info, tried to add my own php page to place shellcode in. I placed the file in the same dir as index.php, when I try to access it I get requested URL not found. Avenues I have explored via Google advise that I need to install modules, but from reading the entire thread this is not the way to do it. I know I am in the right place as when I put <?php echo "Duh; ?> in the index file it shows on the site.

Much appreciated, I don`t want the answer, just a nudge in the right direction. Thanks.

anyone willing to help me understand how to get a root shell? I have root.txt but I can’t find a way to use the same command to get a shell…

got it, thanks

Finally root! Thanks to people how helped me!
For User was easy. The root is really awfull because as many I searched something very far. Then I was close but I still missed something. So when you know how to solve it, yes it’s easy. Good box for beginners!

so I have user and have seen the 2 files, but not sure how to proceed, appreciate a nudge here :slight_smile:

Also have user, have seen the 2 files, tried editing them both, both get overwritten it seems, i can see what happens periodically, but unsure on the process going forward to get root.txt, also would appreciate nudge, thanks

EDIT: figured it out, was overthinking it. thanks zz123 for the nudge.

I have just got the root flag and was wondering if anyone manage to get a reverse shell as root?

Could anyone help me for getting the root.txt and root shell? I am stuck for a long time after got the user.txt, thanks.

Update:
Got the root.txt, thanks @jkr . Working on the root shell right now, maybe need some hints for that, thanks.

Help me, please. Now, i got admin panel in joomla