You can do it

i solved it a while ago actually did it with pen and paper

I have tried rotating the letters up to 26 times but i am not getting anything usable. I’ve used some of the tools suggested here but not getting anywhere - can someone please give me a hint?

Thanks

@3XPL017 said:
i solved it a while ago actually did it with pen and paper
What pen did you use on what paper ?
I really sux at this…
:wink:

It’s Easy!!
You just need to try some scrambling combinations…
No need of any software you can do it with pen and a paper…
Hint :- Name of the file… :smile: > @gm0 said:

I have tried rotating the letters up to 26 times but i am not getting anything usable. I’ve used some of the tools suggested here but not getting anywhere - can someone please give me a hint?

Thanks

Do the underscores in the filename have any significance or am I just overthinking things?

@Skunkfoot said:
Do the underscores in the filename have any significance or am I just overthinking things?

No significance at all.

@likwidsec said:

@Skunkfoot said:

No significance at all.

Perfect, thanks.

How we supposed to submit the result. tried low/upper/camel case but nothing taken. Any nudges.

Submit the result in following way:-
HTB{UPPERCASEWITHOUTANYSPACE}

Think it like a basic interview logic pattern sequence question and you have 1 min time. Pen and paper is enough for this challenge.

I found the text but the flag is not excepted, though it is a logical string. I cant post it here due to spoilers, I can pm it to someone who solved it though

Im stuck on this one also, i tried the tools suggested, tried it in notepad, what the ■■■■ am i missing here.

Pm me

@likwidsec said:

@h4x3r said:
same with me! even i solved some difficult challenges than this! but can’t able to solve this

You most definitely can solve this with JCrypTool alone. That’s all I used.

Can you PM me the link?

Make sure you append the exclamation mark to the flag.
No tools are necessary. Once you understand the concept, it’s a matter of 5-6 lines of code to efficiently solve this challenge.

Well clearly i should be cleaning toilets and not do IT-Stuff…
I solved it while i was sending a PM to cyb3rs4k1.
I was staring myself blind at the start of the sentence and i was complicating things.
So tip is, like others mentioned that you don’t need any tools for this challenge, notepad is good enough.
I will go and play some scramble now :wink:

Haha. Good to know. It’s just word scramble.

Mannnnn this is driving me nuts. I’ve got possible sentences from rearranging but nothing works as an entry. Any advice other than “use a pen” and “its in the file name” …? Much appreciated!

@Stux23 said:
Mannnnn this is driving me nuts. I’ve got possible sentences from rearranging but nothing works as an entry. Any advice other than “use a pen” and “its in the file name” …? Much appreciated!

Simple is better.

I think the reason the hints are like that, is because any extra bit of info might already be a spoiler. Keep it simple, focus on what info you already have (filename), and you’ll see that you can do it.

@Stux23 said:

As BROX said above, this site should help you. Look into common ciphers that you can use with what you have and you should solve it easily.