What laptop would you use?

Your specs are more than enough to do what you want to do. I bought an Acer Predator Triton 700 mainly because I like to game and I wanted to get rid of my Desktop. It cost a lot and unless you want to run windows with VM’s (which I do for parrot) then I wouldn’t get it. The BIOS is locked to RAID and can’t be changed to AHCI and I can’t get any Linux to install on it unless I rewrite my BIOS myself (more hassel than it is worth). But the trade off for that is that it comes with a GTX 1080 and can run any game I want to play. I have also run a small virtual lab on it with 4 unix systems and a pfsense box for routing at the same time.

Every person is different also, I don’t like the smaller form factor. It makes having multiple pograms open or services on the side to watch everything difficult unless you make it really small while on the go. Mine is a 15.6" and I wouldn’t go any lower than this for on the go. I use two additional monitors while I am home though. But that is your preference.

Another reason I went for the Triton 700 is its small form since it has two M2 drive slots (can be hard to upgrade if not done right, but there are some good writeup’s on their forums and people are always willing to help). It is the smallest gaming laptop I have ever seen.