SecNotes

Just rooted! It wasn’t what I expected for privesc but I guess I’ll know better for future machines. For those needing that last nudge on privesc (assuming you’re already onto a certain feature in this box) think of what’s unique to this feature.
Feel free to PM

i am stuck at login itself … if i try to inject at login page i get 500 internal server error …i dono how to do …any hints would be great

Hey guys - would like a little bit of help please - managed to login to a particular service using some creds - cant seem to get any further!

Please PM with any hints!

@CarterJ said:
Hey guys - would like a little bit of help please - managed to login to a particular service using some creds - cant seem to get any further!

Please PM with any hints!

can u provide some hints

r00ted - Thanks to those who gave me some hints!

jajaj lol someone can give me any hint with the s**i ?? i’m crashing the server with my commands !

@EthicalHCOP said:
jajaj lol someone can give me any hint with the s**i ?? i’m crashing the server with my commands !

Don’t over do it… most s**i cheatsheet docs will start with something simple and work up in complexity… I wracked my brain on this for several days and then it finally clicked when I simplified my approach and went back to basics.

Beautimus! Finally got root! I spent almost a week and a half on this one.

Thank you to @dplastico for the link that taught me exactly what I needed to learn. That was the exact “nudge” I needed. Bookmarking that one, for sure!

Somebody help me i need help in secnotes please PM me guys

i’m still stucked in the login ! just got errors and more errors !

hmm

Nice challenge. PM me if you need a nudge!

One of my favorite machines so far! Pm for hints :wink:

finally did this one… pm me if you need help with root or user

Anyone able to hint on root would be fabulous. I think I see what to do, but can’t past either errors in my very simple shell or “Windows s******** f** l**** has no installed…”. I’ve even tried to install but still no luck, really lost on this!

And rooted. Hint for anyone who gets stuck where I was. Just opt to find where that file is.

I can get a windows reverse shell and can also get a b***.exe shell but it it unprivilages. Trying to look for vulns for the b***.exe but stuck on the priv esc. If anyone is willing to help please PM me. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: ROOTED! Wow the privesc was interesting to say the least. Had fun. Great Box. Solved my first box, really happy :smiley:

yyeeeeii !

finally root , interesant way to get root ! thank you.

type me for hints

Just started this machine 15 mins ago, and I must say: I LOVED the first few steps of this machine! However I’m kind of stuck. I’ve managed to login to smb(edit this if it is considered a spoiler). I don’t know what to do next. Please PM :slight_smile:

edit:
A lot easier than I made it to be, now on to root!

i am stuck hard on root flag all day now…i have a shell inside b*** but seems im not as root as i thought i was. anyone care to PM me a hint? i have read all in this thread(which makes me think i should have found it ages ago lol). im sure it’s something i overlooked.

Update:

so…box was just reset…logged back in…get my shells…read a file that i swear i read before.
Got root!