Access

@deviate said:

@coolrebel said:
i dont know whta i am missing i have credentials which i get from m*** but what to do next ?anyone can help here ?

What other ports are open which require credentials to access? Have you tried logging into them with the credentials you got?

Thanks bro Thanks alot lol i am stupid i miss that one

Stuck on root. I have T**** with s******* and confused on where to go next. I am new to Windows commands.

Got User. Been 2 hours and stuck using r****. If anyone is willing to help with a slight nudge (with me providing what i’ve done thus far), would be appreciated! Thank you.

Edit: Root

Rooted! Thanks to that one super helpful lad on the Discord! Feel free to dm for a nudge or two!

successfully downloaded both files and able to open b***.md* file.
can someone help me what table to look in to get password for other file.
Thanks

I too am banging my head against a wall with privesc.

Edit. Okay, I am still stuck here, no idea what this command people are talking about is. :anguished:

This is really a cool box. I had sysadmin, changed all the privileges, had gui access to make my life easier, instead, I still couldn’t access the root flag.
After checking all the good hints left here, I decided to take a step back, reset the box, used the r**s directly with the syntax discussed all over here… boom, got the flag.
So here are my questions:

1. why admin cannot access the file while owner/privileges have all been correctly set?
  2. why the same syntax I used to get the flag won’t work if I altered file permissions?

Please PM me so that I can learn all the way, also if anyone need a hint, feel free to PM me as well. :lol:

Should I use rs command as user s**** or maybe I need to get the password for another non-system user?

@ptesting said:

@SSJ26 said:
Which program did you use to open *.mdb file? Can anyone help? I am using Parrot OS
Edit: NVM, I got it

mdb-e****t ***.mdb

which table i need to look in ?

@jagsinde said:

@ptesting said:

@SSJ26 said:
Which program did you use to open *.mdb file? Can anyone help? I am using Parrot OS
Edit: NVM, I got it

mdb-e****t ***.mdb

which table i need to look in ?

Got it. Not sure how i missed it…:frowning:

Finally rooted. Big thank you to @MarcusYallow for the nudge and guidance!

Looking for a little nudge on what to do tnext. I have user. I am thinking /r**** with /s********* is the right way to go. I see the creds saved using /list. I have tried to send outputs to a text file. Just not getting anywere. Feel free to PM

I can’t get away with privesc to get the root.txt. I try so much thing with runas copy the file, let the permissions, create a reverse shell. Nothing work.
Someone can please pm me for a hint ?
EDIT : Got root 30min after … I don’t know why that work but that work ! That was on what I said before

I can see three usernames and password. However, none are working. Can anyone give a nudge in right direction?

This is my first attept at a box. So I realize I sound like many other n00bs, but I have tried a lot of options to get root, but nothing seems to work. I tried a lot of variations of the r***s command, but I’m practically pounding my head on my PC at this point. Would love to chat with someone about this. I’m not looking for an answer, but hopefully someone who can hear what I’ve done so far and possibly provide a friendly nudge in the right direction. TIA

@7h3Wra17h said:
I can see three usernames and password. However, none are working. Can anyone give a nudge in right direction?

What are you going for? User or root?

@d3v1ant said:

@7h3Wra17h said:

User.

rooted anyone need help pm me.

@7h3Wra17h said:

@d3v1ant said:

@7h3Wra17h said:

User.

Sounds like you were able to crack the zip since you know some usernames and passwords. Maybe there’s another file you could look at? Do a search on the file extensions you have access to and see what else you can look at…

Finally rooted. Thanks @egre55 for the excellent box - my Windows-Fu sucks, and boxes like this make the learning experience fun!