Irked

did not get user.txt but managed to get root.txt. for people who are looking for root, just find the appropriate binary with sticky bit set

@pramoddahate said:
did not get user.txt but managed to get root.txt. for people who are looking for root, just find the appropriate binary with sticky bit set

That bit isn’t the sticky bit. It’s the setuid bit.

@deviate said:

@pramoddahate said:

That bit isn’t the sticky bit. It’s the setuid bit.

Thank you for correcting me ‘deviate’. Got user.txt. thanks Deathflash1410, jkr and Tuzer01 for the correct nudge. For others, a hit to use a tool that ippsec has used for any steg… I tried to use a tool other than what ippsec had used and it got me into a rabbithole.

Can anyone give me a hint? Stuck with priv escalation to open user.txt

this one is very easy, just basic enumeration

@Kikur said:

@TheJ0k3r, actually he’s referring to get user, not root. The way to user is to check the hints on the file with Konami Code. It’s basically a CTF stego problem. As already @Skunkfoot , @BoxingOctopus and others already suggested, start doing some challenges problems too, not only the boxes.

@Kikur said:

I can give you some hints for user. See the .b****p file. see the bight yellow thing on home page. Look at Ippsec video TenTen. see what he does with stego. now combine all these three. hope its not a spoiler.

rooted, feel free to pm.
my advice:
enumerate to find easy limited shell.
find a file which gives you [idk if i will write what it gives is a spoiler] then wonder what you can do with it and where you can find something you can use it with.

you can advance from either the limited shell or the full shell to root.
find the “special” bin file copy it to your computer and try to run it.
after doing that root will be simple.

I have beaten the user challenge but with root access I’m a bit desperate.

I have read the 16 pages of this entry. I have tried with three different scripts to check privileges. I have tried it with all the suid found but without success…

Someone could help me?

Thanks!

Need help pl0x!
gotten shell access. trying to get user access. found something which needs steg, and i’m stuck trying to find out how to proceed from here. any kind soul here willing to point me in the right direction to decode the Konami text? TIA :slight_smile:

EDIT: found the solution and got user access… i’d slap myself for thinking the steg is hidden in the text itself.

Got user and failing get root.
I really tried to figure out how to get root using the hints here but I fail.
Could someone give me a hint?

@Fluxx79 PM

I found the b**** file and maybe understand the hint what the message inside (i guess).
But i don’t know what to do. Can anyone pm me please

EDIT: Got it

@pramoddahate said:

@Kikur said:

I can give you some hints for user. See the .b****p file. see the bight yellow thing on home page. Look at Ippsec video TenTen. see what he does with stego. now combine all these three. hope its not a spoiler.

That’s what I was missing, thank you, got the user now. I don’t think it’s useful outside of a CTF challenge but there you go. The positive thing is that I now watch more Ippsec videos which are full of good tips. Thanks again!

ı cant find priv shell for a long time can ı help

r00ted! people weren’t kidding when talking about how simple privesc actually is. Here’s my privesc hint, if you’ve found something interesting in your enum, dissect it and think about how it works.
Feel free to PM

Thank u ı have captured konami code will help us

I can’t even get a shell… Anyone able to PM for some advice? I have found several services running. I have a feeling like I know which service I need to look at, but I have tried hitting several of them with no luck.

Got user, can anyone help with root?

Argh, I was overthinking it. Finally got root…