Tear or Dear Challange

Hi everyone
i display with strings command this exe(TearORDear.exe) but i dont see any username or password.
i dont know what can i do this challange

Hint PLease:(

TearORDearReversing " Reversing " you have to reverse it in order to find something, Look up the program called IDA

@Frey said:
TearORDearReversing " Reversing " you have to reverse it in order to find something, Look up the program called IDA

TearORDear .NET file , use dnSpy

IDA doesn’t support .NET pe files by default :frowning:
How can I open/disassemble .NET pe files in IDA?

Hey guys I need a bit of help with this I read through the decompiled source code and found what I think to be the user name… can anyone DM me for a sanity check :smiley:

This is… rabbit holes, rabbit holes everywhere…

Hi, I have debugged the .NET program and I have got an user and a password. When I try this credentials in the app they work and put the correct message but in HTB flag user:pass do not work, can anyone help me?

@fl337 said:
Hey guys I need a bit of help with this I read through the decompiled source code and found what I think to be the user name… can anyone DM me for a sanity check :smiley:

Hi did you get the correct credentials?

@jesusabascal said:
Hi, I have debugged the .NET program and I have got an user and a password. When I try this credentials in the app they work and put the correct message but in HTB flag user:pass do not work, can anyone help me?

Did you try the flag with the format HTB{user:pass}? It worked for me.

@nicci said:
IDA doesn’t support .NET pe files by default :frowning:
How can I open/disassemble .NET pe files in IDA?

You can use an open source solution:

Cheers,

@maycon said:

@jesusabascal said:

Did you try the flag with the format HTB{user:pass}? It worked for me.

Thanks! I was using a false positive but now it’s ok.

dnSpy is the perfect tool to solve this challange

Finally got it. I really enjoyed this challenge, it was interesting. That false positive though, what out for it. Good luck all! :slight_smile:

Any hints for this? I been looking at the JetBrains still nothing…