Access

stuk on admin access trying , please someone help me

@delgaka said:

@karma9874 said:
just make sure the size is same of the file when u downloaded it

Hi. The file in server has 5652480 bytes. In my machine it has 5651666…

226 Transfer complete.
5652480 bytes received in 19.76 secs (279.3347 kB/s)

5651666 Dec 24 13:47 backup.mdb

I’ve changed the client ftp… Now it’s working. Thanks

Now I’m stucked in priv esc.
I’m tryng to up the exploit via ftp but the connection is getting time out.

Any hint?

My first Windows host, can someone list some tips and topics to research.
I can see the open ports, however that about as far as I got…

I’m trying … but is asking for password. I’ve tried all recovered and nothing.
Some hint?

Spoiler Removed

I tried to load an exploit too… but my ftp connection is getting timeout when I run put or other command.

pm me , i just solved it

Got user flag, actually really simple, thanks to @xpwn for the tips.

Now to lose myself in my first Win PrivEsc… gulp!*

Any suggestion on how to open a .pst file in OSX?

Outlook is not free.

A method to do it in Linux will also work :slight_smile:

EDIT: NVM. Don’t need it anymore :slight_smile:

Hack The Box

@thrash said:
The other should not be corrupted. I did however open it in it’s native app.
tried many times to open file but in all tools it shows corrupted …i am new here can anyone help me out for this

root

@VaibhavjoSHI said:

@thrash said:
The other should not be corrupted. I did however open it in it’s native app.
tried many times to open file but in all tools it shows corrupted …i am new here can anyone help me out for this

Hi, see the file size. Probably your file is not complete. I’ve downloaded with other ftp client.

I’ll try to change my ovpn to TCP. A friend recommended cause he had problem with udp. Packet loss.

I was able to own this box with the hinted command, getting right syntax took time though I had to test it on a windows cmd first. However I am curious to know how to get there, like how to enumerate the box so as to establish that using r**** is the right privesc vector. I would appreciate a pm for this, I am not really good at windows enumeration and privesc. Thank you!

Just got user. Was my first box.

@darkcyber said:
Finally got r00t, if you stuck on root.txt, read this carefully

• make sure you know where is the full path of root.txt
  • you can check with c_dk_y /list of course the Administrator is save the password in Credential manager
  • Somehow type command doesn’t return output when you combine with r__as command, so I hope you know how to redirect output to somewhere with the full path of file you want to read, and where you want to store.
  • You just need 2 options /u__r of course, and /sa__c__d

I hope it help

anyway thanks @clmtn @Beggy @brohlm

The c_dk_y /list is the very thing I need. Thanks @darkcyber !

Hello,
Any hint on how to upload a file to C: / temp?

Well, that was some run ^^ r00t3d ^^
Just looking back at my commands history it looks soo simple → yeah first time ever gone into penetrating. Commands were a nightmare but google helped :tired_face:
If anyone wants some help go on PM me but I’m not giving 100% that I will help you since there are many ways to get this machine done :+1: just went the “just go by the flow” and it aimed me into beating this one :smiley:

As others wrote
“Keep the command simple” no need for 100+ chars ones,
“Plan ahead” what you want to do, obtain,
“Keep track” of successful commands this will help you a lot,
“…ManyMore…” - play around with commands in your VM boxes its way faster than in a machine,
“For root” just make easy .bat file with ru**s and catch that root hash :+1:

If you are looking through this discussion you will get root pretty fast just watch out for the sequence of doing things.

Was fun for the first machine now onto a little bit harder :relaxed: G00D L: :CK!

Thanks to @xSupeFly for the last hint to get root in PM!

Like some other guys here, im interested in how we knew that we were supposed to use r***s, this was second time enumerating a windows box for me, and got a little to much help from this thread. Please PM me if you could explain :smiley:
Learned alot but doesn’t fully understand the box!

Thanks @xSupeFly that bat tip really made a difference!

Owned root. My first htb machine. It was interesting though! Thanks to the people in the forum, it was very helpful to know that I was in the right path.

Hey all, does R***s require a password?