Curling

Comments

• edited December 2018

WTF ?

WARNING: Failed to daemonise. This is quite common and not fatal. Connection refused (111)

in my browser !

edit: works now

• Got user, super simple, just work with what you got. :D PM me if you need help. this box should be easy from what I hear.

• edited December 2018

@fl337 said:
    Got user, super simple, just work with what you got. :D PM me if you need help. this box should be easy from what I hear.

after how long does the command run. checking ps every 1 min now.

• Got root. I really liked this box to be honest. I know there's a lot of talk about it being easy, and I get that the techniques used for user/root aren't super complex, but it was still a nice little challenge.

What's most important is that I learned a few things on this box. Very nice.

PM here or on nsf for help if needed.

sixtonspacefly

• edited December 2018

Hi Guys, any hints on user and root? I have a shell, and can get into the use folder but cannot read the .txt. the other p*******_b***** file seems to not open? Checked out the file signatures etc, cant seem to find what i need to do to get it to open.

If someone was helpful, don't forget to give +1 Respect.
    Arrexel

• There is one post in this thread in regards to that b***** file which imo gave away exactly what you needed to do. The poster gave away some info you could google.
  • edited December 2018

Could use a PM with help getting root. I see whats going on, but dont know how to modify to leverage the process writing/reading correctly. Thanks!

EDIT - nvm! damn i dont know how i overlooked how to get root.txt .. now onto root shell!

• edited December 2018
    You have tried to upload file that are not safe. Knowing that i whitelist the extension. Any hint please

EDIT: i got the reverse shell.
  • Rooted, fun machine :)

Hack The Box

• Any hint for decompressing the file b**** i tested a lot of thing but without success. I find the extension of the file but can't extract any information
  • Got root flag about a week ago, but I just HAD to get root shell. Having only been on Linux for a few weeks now, this was quite a learning experience.

Special thanks to @deviate for getting my head straight and finally getting the root shell.

n00b

• Got root flag, interesting choice of a name for a box ;) Learned a lot.

GRID, GPEN

• Anyone could PM me how to get the root, struggling with curl.... but no result.

• I am trying c*** on *rt*rt.txt but getting error Can any body let me know am I moving in right direction

• edited December 2018
    Got a shell via upload, and the pass file. However have no idea what to do with it. The thread give a good clue but not really sure how use it... Any hints or PMs welcome!

UPDATE: Followed the steps from a hint in this thread, dont understand what I did, or how i did it, but I have user...
  • edited December 2018

Overthinking as usual :)

• Got root.txt but stuck at getting root shell. Please PM for hints

• Hi Guys, I got user, but i'm pretty new at priveesc. All hints super appreciated :+1:

If someone was helpful, don't forget to give +1 Respect.
    Arrexel

• Finally completed the box. Thank you @L4mpje :+1: learned a lots of basic stuff to complete the box, never used those command like this before :)

• Got root!!! hostname is key to get root. ;)

• Obtained the root flag finally. Thanks to @iphkvm for the help!

I have also rooted Irked, what box if recommended next for a beginner?
  • I got user but I'm stuck on root. I see that the key it's either c*** or w**** but nothing I try works. Can I get a hint from anyone?

• edited December 2018

Hi guys, can someone hint me?
    I found the pb file but i'm stuck deciphering, someone can PM me ?

I got User. Thank you Marvin for you hint !

• Hey guys,

Trying to solve my first machine here. Managed o get a shell as www-data. Found three files user.txt, a-a, p*******_b*****. No clue how to move ahead from here. cant read user.txt. Could someone help or give and hint on how work on p*******_b*****.
    P.S : newbie here.
    Thanks.

• @WickSec said:
    I got user but I'm stuck on root. I see that the key it's either c*** or w**** but nothing I try works. Can I get a hint from anyone?

try looking at the enumeration result carefully ..
    anything out of the ordinary ..check it out
    Also there is a reason why the box is named CURLing

• edited December 2018

Hi guys, so this is my second box in HTB. I've got user, and i see two files in the a****-area, but i am not sure how to check which program is updating them, can anyone give me a hint please? Thanks!

Edit: got root txt, thanks everyone for the hint!

Hack The Box

• Read the comment above yours

Fighter81

• edited December 2018

got root.txt ,
    but stilll dont know how to get root shell, please PM me if someone get root shell already.

EDITED: now got the root shell, thank you.

feel free to PM me if need a hand

xterm

• Tried scanning with joomscan, joomlavs, nmap.. browsed directories as a result of joomscan.. got the username too on blog i.e. F***** ,saw s*****.*** on the page source at the bottom of page. tried many combinations of usernames and password but unable to access. first time trying on joomla.. also people commenting overthewire level 12, i have completed it upto level 20 or something so that would be easy then. please help , message me.

Sign In to comment.