Curling

Hi Guys, any hints on user and root? I have a shell, and can get into the use folder but cannot read the .txt. the other p*******_b***** file seems to not open? Checked out the file signatures etc, cant seem to find what i need to do to get it to open.

There is one post in this thread in regards to that b***** file which imo gave away exactly what you needed to do. The poster gave away some info you could google.

Could use a PM with help getting root. I see whats going on, but dont know how to modify to leverage the process writing/reading correctly. Thanks!

EDIT - nvm! ■■■■ i dont know how i overlooked how to get root.txt … now onto root shell!

You have tried to upload file that are not safe. Knowing that i whitelist the extension. Any hint please

EDIT: i got the reverse shell.

Rooted, fun machine :slight_smile:

Any hint for decompressing the file b**** i tested a lot of thing but without success. I find the extension of the file but can’t extract any information

Got root flag about a week ago, but I just HAD to get root shell. Having only been on Linux for a few weeks now, this was quite a learning experience.

Special thanks to @deviate for getting my head straight and finally getting the root shell.

Got root flag, interesting choice of a name for a box :wink: Learned a lot.

Anyone could PM me how to get the root, struggling with curl… but no result.

I am trying c*** on r**tr**t.txt but getting error Can any body let me know am I moving in right direction

Got a shell via upload, and the pass file. However have no idea what to do with it. The thread give a good clue but not really sure how use it… Any hints or PMs welcome!

UPDATE: Followed the steps from a hint in this thread, dont understand what I did, or how i did it, but I have user…

Overthinking as usual :slight_smile:

Got root.txt but stuck at getting root shell. Please PM for hints

Hi Guys, I got user, but i’m pretty new at priveesc. All hints super appreciated :+1:

Finally completed the box. Thank you @L4mpje :+1: learned a lots of basic stuff to complete the box, never used those command like this before :slight_smile:

Got root!!! hostname is key to get root. :wink:

Obtained the root flag finally. Thanks to @iphkvm for the help!

I have also rooted Irked, what box if recommended next for a beginner?

I got user but I’m stuck on root. I see that the key it’s either c*** or w**** but nothing I try works. Can I get a hint from anyone?

Hi guys, can someone hint me?
I found the pb file but i’m stuck deciphering, someone can PM me ?

I got User. Thank you Marvin for you hint !

Hey guys,

Trying to solve my first machine here. Managed o get a shell as www-data. Found three files user.txt, a***-a***, p*******_b*****. No clue how to move ahead from here. cant read user.txt. Could someone help or give and hint on how work on p*******_b*****.
P.S : newbie here.
Thanks.