Irked

Finally done, got root shell. This was my first time with such type of priv esc. Learned a lot. Pretty sure it is a basics of enumeration.

anyone can give me some hints please ?

man i feel dumb that it took so long to get root. so so so dumb. i went down rabbit holes, found things that were actual privesc bugs and gt fixed loong ago. maker really give a lot of options to fall into. hate myself for not trusting my gut.

any hints for the privsec ?

Finally done with this box! Enjoyed it quite a bit. Message me for hints if needed!

rooted!

This help

look at the permission part

Im SSH’d in as user, and ran all 4 of my enum scripts. LinEnum.sh etc… Any hint would be appreciated.

Edit:
Rooted. Lots of rabbit holes. Google any binaries you are not familiar with. I went through all SUID binaries one by one. You will find it.

I’ve been trying to leverage one of the binaries. I believe this article Linux Privilege Escalation using SUID Binaries - Hacking Articles is very usefl, but can’t move on. Appreciate any PM or Hint

Finally rooted too, thank you jkr and Baikuya for the hints

Finally rooted… ■■■■, this one made me feel like a moron…

Hi everyone, I’m stuck getting the root flag, I entered with ssh to the user acc and used LinEnum.sh but I can not figured what I have to search, I don’t know if I’m on the way, pm me for hints pls :slight_smile:

give me hints please, I tried to enumerate and googling the result, but can’t manage to get anything even a low shell.

any advice would be appreciated.

@xterm said:
give me hints please, I tried to enumerate and googling the result, but can’t manage to get anything even a low shell.

any advice would be appreciated.

Send me a P.M. with what you have and i can help you!

Any documentation to get the root

Any documentation to get the root please !

Hunting around SUID but totally lost, got a few ideas, anyone, able to help?

Other posts dont mean much to a noobie…

You have to find a famous script on the machine which it try to find a misconfiguration that could allow to priv esc. Run it and analyze the results. You will find a strange linux command line, then you can find root.txt.

Hi guys! So this is my first attempted box. I obtained user sucessfully, i’ve read the u***.txt file but not sure what to do with that… I have been trying to leverage one of the binaries but so far no luck :frowning:

pm me for hints and advice please! thanks

Edit: I finally rooted the machine ! xD thanks for everyone for giving the hints. Tip from me: Linux Privilege Escalation using SUID Binaries - Hacking Articles
This article helped me a lot, goodluck everyone!

Rooted.

User was a lot of fun for me, some cool little things that I hadn’t done before, so that was great.

Root, well, sure. For as much as I don’t like the hint of “just enumerate more” it’s really the only answer. There are a few rabbit trails, which I actually appreciated, I sort of like the frustration that it adds. Masochist? Perhaps. I think it’s a bit real-world, there are plenty of things which are really close to being something to exploit, but in the end they aren’t. I like that. Root took me a bit, but that’s fine, part of this place is the thrill of the challenge and the feeling of accomplishment in the end.

Anyway, all-in-all the box was fun.

PM me here or hit me up on NetSec Focus for any hints.

Got Root! Thanks you @3zculprit for the nudge.

finally rooted. Someone was messing with the files and i went down a 6 hour long rabbithole. Really anoying. But i actually learned a lot from it.

Just another reminder that you should do enumeration multiple times, in case “something” is missing or incase you didnt see it the first time.
Once you see it it’s REALLY simple.