Irked

Finally completed the machine if have any query feel free to ask.

rooted! Feel free to PM

Finally got Root! This was my first box without following a tutorial and I am so excited to have completed it.

Once I got user I started to enumerate the box. Because I am fairly new to Linux I ended up downloading an ISO of the version of Linux this box is. I then ran the same scripts on the default Linux box and started comparing the two boxes. This allowed me to see how the box is normally configured, then it just took some trial and error.

Finally got root. So painfully obvious I didn’t even consider trying it.

Thanks for the very strong shove @3zculprit!

Finnaly got root! Thnks to @n0tspam for the tip!

Nevermind, persistence paid off.

This box is easy. Do not overthink. Do simple enumerations.

hint for user: its almost a crypto ctf challenge :wink:

Root: Read past hints … the answer is already in your enum script output.

rooted, nice box :slight_smile:

Got user, struggling for root many days, lot of enumeration, tried exploits for all services running but no luck… Any hints?

EDIT:
Got root.txt , thank you @jkr for the help!!!

@manick69 said:
Got user, struggling for root many days, lot of enumeration, tried exploits for all services running but no luck… Any hints?

wish i can help you we are both stuck in the same problem, if i found something i’ll pm you!

Finally done, got root shell. This was my first time with such type of priv esc. Learned a lot. Pretty sure it is a basics of enumeration.

anyone can give me some hints please ?

man i feel dumb that it took so long to get root. so so so dumb. i went down rabbit holes, found things that were actual privesc bugs and gt fixed loong ago. maker really give a lot of options to fall into. hate myself for not trusting my gut.

any hints for the privsec ?

Finally done with this box! Enjoyed it quite a bit. Message me for hints if needed!

rooted!

This help

look at the permission part

Im SSH’d in as user, and ran all 4 of my enum scripts. LinEnum.sh etc… Any hint would be appreciated.

Edit:
Rooted. Lots of rabbit holes. Google any binaries you are not familiar with. I went through all SUID binaries one by one. You will find it.

I’ve been trying to leverage one of the binaries. I believe this article Linux Privilege Escalation using SUID Binaries - Hacking Articles is very usefl, but can’t move on. Appreciate any PM or Hint

Finally rooted too, thank you jkr and Baikuya for the hints

Finally rooted… ■■■■, this one made me feel like a moron…

Hi everyone, I’m stuck getting the root flag, I entered with ssh to the user acc and used LinEnum.sh but I can not figured what I have to search, I don’t know if I’m on the way, pm me for hints pls :slight_smile: